When it is dark and rainy what do you do? Do you curl up on the sofa with warm tea and comforting oatmeal or do you make a colorful smoothie and pretend it’s summer? Today I wanted summer so I whipped up this creamy tropical smoothie bowl with berries and I was instantly whisked off to a beach somewhere far away from winter.
I used leftover rice porridge as a soothing creamy base and turmeric powder for the magnificent pastel yellow hue and anti inflammatory properties (which you can read more about here). To add some tropical flavor to smoothies, pineapple and coconut cream work like a charm. And to add some color, what would be better than berries? I love fresh berries a lot (preferably picked from the nearby forest or my parents garden), but there’s something truly magical about frosty berries. Not only are they pretty, they taste really refreshing when cold. Perfect food for the beach:)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen pineapple cubes
- ½ cup rice porridge (or any leftover porridge/rice/quinoa)
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tsp baobab powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp coconut cream (the creamy part of coconut milk)
- ⅓ cup plant based milk (I used oat milk)
- Slices of lime
- Berries of choice as toppings
- Take bananas and pineapple out of the freezer ~10 min prior to blending to let them thaw.
- Blend all ingredients together.
- Add desired toppings.
- Enjoy the tropical vibes!
ps. Resepti löytyy suomeksi täältä: vegaanihaaste.fi