I’m happy to be here too – creating, cooking, sharing and caring. And I care a lot. Not just about the way my family is eating, but about the way we all are eating and creating healthy habits. I strongly believe in holistic health. Eating healthy is just one part of the puzzle, but it is an extremely important one. I found my health after switching to a plant based diet and a relaxed way of life, which is more about walks in the forest and baking pies than rushing around.
When I cook, there’s no rush. Cooking is a form of meditation to me. I love the whole process of selecting seasonal produce from the store or local market, creating recipes, experimenting in the kitchen, and later food styling and photographing my creations.
I’ve always been very artistic, but it took me many years to finally figure out how to express my creativity. It all began with creating fun and healthy meals for my two children, and now I’m more than delighted to share my food creations with you. You can read more about my cooking philosophy here.
When I’m not creating recipes, cooking, or photographing, I’m most likely to be found dancing around our house with my kids, adventuring in the Finnish forests, reading nutrition and cook books, or dreaming of the next healthy meal and sweet treat to create.
- a mother and wife
- a dreamer and a doer
- a recipe magician & food photographer
- a marketing professional & holistic health coach – I graduated from Aalto University in 2007 and Institute for Integrative Nutrition in 2015
- rainbow colored vegetables and fruits
- Finnish forests & the sea
- my camera (currently Canon 6D with EF 50mm f/1.8)
- learning something new every day
- jumping out of my comfort zone to learn even more
- a zillion notebooks
- a thousand dreams
- too many wooden spoons & bowls (according to my husband)
- forest full of berries (in the summer)
- freezer full of berries (in the winter)
- the best family and friends in the world
Time is the missing ingredient in our recipes – and in our lives. Michael Pollan
Vegan. Real food. Healthy. Tasty. Fun.
- I cook plant based vegan food to be shared with family and friends.
- I am inspired by changing seasons, beautiful produce, and all the colors of the rainbow.
- I enjoy cooking healthy whole foods – my recipes are based on colorful vegetables and fruits, grains, nuts and seeds.
- I always substitute white refined sugar and gluten with healthier alternatives without compromising flavor.
- I want to show the fun side of healthy cooking and clean eating, and I do encourage everyone to play with food 🙂
My vegan story.
- INSPIRATION. I joined Instagram on Halloween 2014 (my first pic was this funny pumpkin), and was really inspired by all the colorful and healthy food present on vegan pages. I was pescetarian going on vegetarian back then, and my son was (and still is) allergic to both dairy and eggs. We already ate a lot of rainbow colored food anyway, so it was natural for me to begin experimenting with vegan food.
- WELLBEING. I wanted to feel better after years of terrible sugar cravings and bad diets. I wanted to feed my family real food, healthy food, colorful food, beautiful food – so again, leaning towards a plant based diet was the way to go.
- LOVE. While my inital change to a vegan diet was spurred by my great yearning for good health and wellbeing, it didn’t take long to realize a plant based vegan way of eating is not only good for me but for our Earth too.
The most powerful tool to change your health, environment and entire world is your fork -Dr.Mark Hyman
Hope you enjoy your time here in the Forest!
Please contact me at email@example.com if you have any questions.