Today I’m sharing one of my latest naturally sweetened sweet treat obsessions: banana-sweetened vegan no-bake fruit and cream tart. This tart is also gluten-free with gluten-free rolled oats and nuts in the crust. No maple syrup, no dates, nor refined sugar is needed to make this. Just naturally sweet fruits and a whole lotta love!
Family traditions and delicious food
I made this tart to celebrate our Anniversary: we’ve been married for 7 years ♥ We celebrate our Anniversary each year by going to the cozy little village where our wedding was held. We wear the same white sneakers we wore when we danced our wedding dance.
There’s an old swing, an arched monkey bar and a green field where kids can run and play. On our wedding day our 1,5 year old daughter played there, barely reaching the first bar of the monkey bar. Today she laughs and plays with her little brother and sister, climbing and swinging like a pro.
My goal is to build more traditions for our children, and for us all as a family. Most traditions will most likely revolve around food and starting from August I’ll be sharing some monthly traditions on the blog too.
Forest brunch series with yummy vegan brunch food is on the blog now 🙂
Why this no-bake tart is a dream
And now to this banana-sweetened vegan no-bake fruit and cream tart. Just laying some facts on the table to convince you to make this:
- This tart requires minimal effort, because it takes just 15 minutes of active time
- The crust resembles a banana-oat cookie (always a favorite)
- You can choose whatever nuts and seeds you have in the pantry for the crust. I chose walnuts and cashews, and I’ll try pecans next.
- You can choose your favorite fruits of the season for the tart. Depending on the fruit, this tart is either very sweet or not super sweet. This time I used very sweet berries, nectarines and peaches so it was perfectly sweet for us, and my kids didn’t request a drizzle of syrup on top like they usually do when we have fruit sweetened treats
I hope I convinced you to make this or my other vegan, gluten-free banana-sweetened treats:
Lots of love from the forest!
ps. You can also follow Myberryforest on Pinterest for delicious vegan food and beautiful food photography inspiration!
Banana-sweetened vegan no-bake fruit and cream tart
- 1/2 cup / 60 g nuts and/or seeds I used walnuts and cashews
- 1/2 cup / 45 g rolled oats
- 1/2 / 50 g a mid size banana
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1/4 tsp salt (or to taste) Salt is an essential ingredient as it gives the crust flavor. Without a proper amount of salt, the crust might taste a bit bland.
- optional: 1/2 tsp Ceylon cinnamon for flavor
- For the toppings: plant-based whipped cream and fruits of the season
- Blend all crust ingredients until you have a crust which sticks well together. If the crust is too sticky, add more nuts, seeds or rolled oats.
- Press crust on the bottom of a spring form pan (or other pan of choice).
- Put in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- Whip cream and chop fruits.
- Spread cream and fruits on top of the crust. Enjoy!