This beetroot and blueberry smoothie bowl tastes absolutely perfect with some homemade raw chocolate on top. This is actually a superfood raw chocolate which makes you feel energized without a jittery “I’ve had too much coffee” feeling.
This smoothie is also a joy. Joy for the eyes and with a slightly earthy but still fresh taste. I’ve used beetroot in smoothies a lot because the color is just simply smashing every time. Today I teamed beetroot with blueberries and it was a perfect match.
I wanted to be extra creative with the toppings as I was hoping for a super photogenic creation. The dried star fruit did the job, and nothing wrong with the freeze dried raspberries, red currants or dried acai berries either.
All in all a wholesome and pretty smoothie bowl. Try it with this superfood raw chocolate if you want to feel happy 🙂 Instant mood booster – I promise.
Beetroot and Blueberry Smoothie Bowl with Superfood Raw Chocolate
Superfood raw chocolate
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 3 tsp raw agave nectar
- 1/2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp baobab powder
- 1 tsp wheatgrass powder
- pinch of quality salt (e.g.Himalayan pink salt)
- 2 tbsp buckwheat groats
Beetroot and blueberry smoothie bowl
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 small beet root
- 1/2 c wild blueberries (bilberries)
- 1 big leaf of kale
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp lucuma powder
- 1 cup plant based milk (e.g. almond milk)
- Toppings: Dried and freeze dried berries and fruits e.g. star fruit, raspberries, red currants, acai berries and superfood raw chocolate
- Make superfood raw chocolate by warming coconut oil in a double boiler. Add all other ingredients and mix well together until smooth.
- Pour in a tin lined with a baking sheet or a silicone mold and freeze for at least 1 hour.
- Prepare beetroot and blueberry smoothie by blending all ingredients until smooth.
- Pour in a bowl and decorate with more berries, fruit and raw chocolate.
- Enjoy this healthy and happy snack!
ps. You can follow my blog also on Pinterest.