Hi! I’m here to share a quick very last minute idea for Mother’s Day tomorrow: berry cream overnight oats parfait! Long name, but a totally deserved one, since these are not your average oats. These parfaits, as the name suggests, are more like dessert, and definitely a good way to pamper your Mom in the morning. Or if you are a Mom, you could ask your kids to make this for you 😉 To read this post in Finnish, click here.
I’ve seen lots of delicious Mother’s Day recipe ideas for cakes, pies and tarts, but rarely something as “ordinary” as oats. My intention with this recipe is to show oats in a new more luxurious context. I call it the everyday luxury to have something as simple as this turned into a sweet fluffy dessert-breakfast. The ingredients are not fancy, but together they are magic ♥
If you’re looking for last minute vegan and gluten-free cake or tart recipes for Mother’s Day I have a bunch of them here in the Forest:
Creamy vegan cheesecake, which you could decorate with berries and beautiful edible flowers.
Blueberry cheesecake bars, one of the most popular recipes on the blog, which I’m sure any Mom would love.
Strawberry tarts with tahini caramel , a delicious combination of sweet ingredients not commonly paired together.
- Overnight oats
- 1 dl gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 dl plant-based yogurt (soy, oat)
- 1,5 dl full fat coconut milk
- 1 dl wild blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1,5 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Berry cream
- ~2 dl soy whip or whipped coconut cream
- 1 dl raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- sweetener of choice if needed
- For serving: lots of berries
- Mix all overnight oats ingredients in a bowl and let set overnight (or at least 2 hours) in the fridge.
- The next day when ready for serving: Whip plant-based cream with a hand mixer until it's thick. Add raspberries, and continue whipping until all berries are incorporated and the cream is pink and fluffy.
- Take 2-4 serving jars and put a layer of overnight oats and then berry cream and continue until the berry cream layer is on top.
- Serve with fresh berries.