In collaboration with Kaslink AITO. This cardamom cake with caramel frosting (gluten-free, vegan) is ridiculously easy to make and it’s also crazy delicious. The cake melts in your mouth and so does the sweet caramel frosting, which is the best vegan caramel I’ve ever tasted.
Cardamom cake – the easiest vegan, gluten-free cake!
While I love baking cardamom buns and I bake them quite often, sometimes I’m too impatient to wait the dough to rise for over an hour. That’s when this convenient cardamom cake comes to the picture:
It’s a mix-in-one-bowl-pour-in-a-pan type of cake with about 20 minutes baking time!
The cake is super easy to make gluten-free using Kaslink AITO Barista oat drink. This oat drink is creamy and thick, perfect with coffee, and also works amazingly in all kinds of baking.
While the cake is in the oven you can mix the vegan caramel ingredients together and let them simmer for a few minutes. I recommend using Barista also in the vegan caramel as it is so creamy!
Holiday season treats
This is a cake I warmly recommend for Thanksgiving and for all the holiday season. It is loved by non-vegans and you can never tell it’s a gluten-free cake (this of course this depends on the flour mix used). To make the cake more suitable for the holiday season, I recommend topping it with gorgeous cranberries, lingonberries or pomegranate arils.
If your cake doesn’t have to be gluten-free, here are two popular festive vegan cakes from the blog, which would also be perfect for the season:
Cardamom cake with caramel frosting (gluten-free, vegan) RECIPE
Cardamom cake with caramel frosting (gluten-free, vegan)
- Springform pan about 20 cm in diameter
- 130 grams / 200 ml light gluten-free flour mix (all-purpose) I use a flour mix which contains light rice flour and dark rice flour and psyllium
- 60 grams / 150 ml almond flour
- 90 grams / 100 ml castor sugar
- 35 grams / 50 ml brown sugar
- 1,5 tsp baking powder
- 1,5 tsp ground cardamom
- 0,5 tsp salt
- 100 ml melted coconut oil or neutral oil of choice
- 150 ml Kaslink AITO Barista oat drink
Vegan caramel frosting
- 50 grams / about 50 ml cashew butter
- 35 grams / about 50 ml brown sugar
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp Kaslink AITO Barista oat drink
- pinch or a few pinches of salt
- For decorating cake: cranberries, lingonberries or pomegranate arils
- Preheat oven to 200 C / 392 F.
- Line the bottom of a springform pan with a baking sheet.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add oil and oat drink and mix well until no clumps left.
- Pour batter to the springform pan and bake in the oven for 20 min or until toothpick test comes out clean (but no longer than 25 min because the cake will become too dry).
- While the cake is in the oven, mix all vegan caramel ingredients together in a pan. Let simmer on low heat for a few minutes until smooth.
- Let cake cool after baking, take out of the springform pan.
- Spread vegan caramel on top of cake and decorate with berries. Enjoy!