Hey! Did you know I’m a big fan of oats (probably did if you’ve been following along for a while)? Overnight oats is one of my favorite ways of eating oats, and so I thought I’d share a recipe I’ve been loving so much ever since I bought the first cherries of the summer: cherry coconut vanilla overnight oats. This is a great vegan & gluten-free breakfast or snack although it’s also so creamy it works as a wholesome dessert too.
For this recipe I combined a lovely cherry chia pudding made from cherry juice and super creamy overnight oats made from coconut cream and spiced with vanilla. Add chopped cherries (a lot of them) and you have a simple dessert-like snack + brekkie, which is totally perfect for a sweet tooth like me.
I love all creamy (plant) food so this combination is a new favorite of mine for the summer. I’ve also tried this with fresh strawberries, and it’s equally delicious as you probably can imagine.
I actually forgot to add a crunchy element on top of the oats – that’s the way I usually eat them. Having all kinds of textures and flavors: smooth, fresh, crunchy is my ideal way of eating any meal, so some granola or just chopped nuts, cacao nibs or pieces of chocolate make it perfect.
Overnight oats and forest photography
Photographing this jar in my childhood forest which is basically my parents back yard was a lot of fun and it brought back some good memories. One of my childhood dreams was to be a film maker! I didn’t even know what it meant, but all I knew is that I want to capture my beautiful forests on film..all the greens, the berries and of course forest fairies, which I believed lived in the forest. I still believe in them – they’re present in the magical light of the forest, the sound of tall trees swaying in the wind and the soft mossy ground.
I always feel at home when I’m in the forest. It’s a strong connection which is difficult to describe as it just feels so natural like any home should feel. But there was a time not long ago when I worked so much I barely went outside at all during the day.
So now I’ve decided to do more photoshoots outside to experience healing vibes of the forest during the day. Here are the first forest photos of many more to come!
If you want to experience the magical Finnish forest with amazing food, check out these family brunch posts 🙂
Happy new week!
- [b]Coconut-vanilla overnight oats[/b]
- 1,5 dl / 0,6 cups coconut cream (the creamy part of a coconut milk can)
- 1,5 dl / 0,6 cups plant-based milk
- 1,5 dl / 0,6 cups rolled oats
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- [b]Cherry chia pudding[/b]
- 1 dl / 0,4 cups cherry juice
- 4,5 tbsp chia seeds
- 150 g / 5 oz cherries
- To serve: something crunchy like granola, nuts, cacao nibs or dark chocolate
- Mix all overnight oats ingredients, put in a sealed container (like a glass jar with a lid) and refrigerate overnight.
- Mix chia pudding ingredients, put in a glass jar and refrigerate overnight.
- Chop cherries and leave a few whole ones for decoration (if needed).
- The next day put cherry chia pudding into two serving jars. Add creamy overnight oats, chopped cherries and mix well.
- Serve with extra cherries and something crunchy!
ps You can follow Myberryforest also on Pinterest!