Vegan chocolate ice cream heaven. Although it’s winter, I haven’t stopped craving ice cream. There’s no such thing as ice cream weather. Be it rain or shine, sleet or snow, I’m going to enjoy these chocolate ice cream bites with chocolate berries.
This ice cream takes care of chocolate cravings too. The chocolate flavor is remarkably intense and covers up the typical coconutty flavor found in many coconut cream based ice creams.
These creamy bites are ridiculously easy to make and require only a few basic ingredients. The only tough part is waiting for the bites to freeze:)
I made a batch for Christmas Eve, but I’ve been a sneaky little ice cream thief today and there are only four pieces left. I’ll whip up another batch tomorrow morning while jamming to Jingle Bells. By the time the last verse starts blasting, I have a whole new batch of chocolate ice cream in the freezer.
Wishing you Happy holidays and a beautiful Christmas time!
- 1 can of organic coconut milk (only the creamy part, ~1/2 cup)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp agave nectar (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp chopped vegan chocolate for the ice cream
- A few pieces of vegan dark chocolate for the frosting
- Handful of berries, either fresh or frozen
- Preparations: Put the coconut milk can in the fridge overnight.
- Chocolate ice cream: The next day, scoop out the stiff creamy part, I got ~1/2 heaped cup of coconut cream.
- Whisk coconut cream, cocoa powder, agave nectar and vanilla extract in a bowl.
- Add chopped vegan chocolate and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the liquid in a silicone mold (or a tin suitable for the freezer, lined with a baking sheet). I used a 20 x 10 cm / 8 x 4 inch silicone mold
- Let freeze for ~2 hours.
- Chocolate frosting: Melt chocolate in a double boiler.
- Take out chocolate bites from the freezer and cut into square/rectangle pieces.
- Coat ice cream bites and berries in chocolate sauce.
- Enjoy the creamy chocolate taste!