Hi there, it’s been a long time! My blog is on a little break and I will publish a new and better Myberryforest in August. But every now and then I’ll pop by to share a recipe. I shared my yummy chocolate-tahini smoothie already on Instagram, but thought it deserves a spot on the blog as well as it’s one of the most delicious smoothies I’ve ever tasted. I hope you like it too 🙂This smoothie is not only perfectly sweet (which to me means that it’s not too sweet), it’s also very creamy thanks to a secret ingredient: walnuts. I’ve used walnuts in my smoothies many times because I LOVE the subtle warm nutty flavor. This healthy nut smoothie is another favorite of mine. It actually has similar elements as this smoothie: chocolate, nuts and berries – a combination which I can’t resist.
I topped this thick smoothie with blueberry jam and blueberries. It’s kind of similar to my no bake chocolate-tahini cheesecake bars with three equally yummy layers, this one just in a creamy liquid form.
If you haven’t yet tried tahini in smoothies, I seriously urge you to do so. I’m sure you won’t be disappointed! And btw this smoothie is totally kid-approved 🙂
Lots of love from the forest!
- Vanilla-tahini layer
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ cup walnuts
- 2 tbsp tahini
- ¼ tsp vanilla powder
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup water
- Chocolate-tahini layer
- 1 pitted date
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1-2 tbsp blueberry jam (or other berry jam, raspberry would work amazingly too)
- Blueberries (or other berries)
- Soak walnuts in warm water for a minimum of 1 hour, but preferably overnight.
- Blend all smoothie ingredients except pitted date & cacao powder into a smooth silky liquid. Add more water if needed.
- Pour half of the vanilla-tahini smoothie into a jar and blend the rest with 1 pitted date and cacao powder.
- Pour the chocolate-tahini layer on top of the vanilla and swirl it up a bit.
- Add blueberry jam and blueberries.
- Enjoy this creamy delight!