Collaboration with Kaslink AITO.
How to make dairy-free creamy lentil noodle soup without cream? This is my secret: Kaslink AITO gluten-free Oat Cuisine, a thick oat-based cooking cream perfect for soups and sauces, casseroles and any dish you want creamier. I use Oat Cuisine when I want our meals to be comforting and delicious. Exactly like this kid-friendly soup with warming spices, soft lentils and curly fun to eat noodles.
This is one of the creamiest soups I’ve ever cooked, and I’m super happy with the result. I made the base of the soup with grated carrots, ginger, turmeric and garlic. When I combined these with garam masala spice and some other spices the flavor was very delicious and warming. I added lentils, noodles and Oat cuisine to make the soup hearty and filling.
Initially I added the noodles just for my children, because quite honestly they don’t always love my soups. My soups are often too hot and spicy or they contain too many veggies..heh guilty. This time I wanted to create a super kid-friendly soup with just one or two veggies, creamy warm (not too hot!) flavor and NOODLES. I’m sure my children are not the only ones who love noodles.
Fresh From the Nordics
What makes this soup really special is Kaslink AITO Oat cuisine. Kaslink AITO is a Finnish company producing oat-based drinks, yogurts and cooking products using Finnish oats. Finnish oats are considered to be the best in the world due to our unique environment and seasons. I really love the mild oaty flavor of all Kaslink AITO oat products and we use these products every day.
I’m happy to announce that Kaslink AITO oat products are already available in Sweden, Iceland, Germany and China. The oat product variety is different in each country, for example Oat for whipping and Oat cuisine are available in Sweden.
Here are some more oat based recipes when you need more inspiration 🙂
And now to this amazing soup! If you’re a fan of flavorful soups and noodles, I’m sure you will love this as much as my family does ♥
If you want more comforting soup inspiration, check out these delicious recipes:
Creamy Lentil Noodle Soup
- 1,5 cups (or about 350 ml) Kaslink AITO Oat Cuisine
- 7 oz / 200 g carrots
- 0,4 oz / 10 g fresh ginger about 2 tbsp grated ginger
- 0,2 oz / 5 g fresh turmeric root about 0,5-1 tbsp grated turmeric root, you can also use 1-2 tsp ground turmeric powder
- 2-3 garlic cloves I used 3 small ones.
- 1 tbsp oil for cooking
- 1-2 tsp garam masala spice I used 2 tsp but if you don't want it too spicy, start with 1 or 1,5.
- 1,5 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp mild sweet paprika powder
- black pepper & pinch of salt
- 2 cups (or 500 ml) vegetable broth
- 14 oz / 400 g or 1 tin of organic crushed tomatoes or organic whole tomatoes
- 1 cup cooked red lentils
- ~7 oz or 200 g noodles Use gluten-free noodles if you want the soup to be gluten-free
- handful of parsley, cilantro or basil Or other fresh herb of choice
- Take 1,5 cups of Oat cuisine from the fridge and let it get a bit warmer in room temperature.
- Grate carrots, ginger, turmeric and garlic using the smallest holes of a box grater (on any grater you have).
- Warm oil in a pan. Add grated garlic, ginger and turmeric and cook in medium heat for a minute or two.
- Add garam masala, paprika, onion powder, black pepper and pinch of salt and cook the spice mix with garlic, ginger and turmeric for few minutes or until it becomes very fragrant. If you're using ground turmeric powder, you can add it at this point.
- Add grated carrots and mix well.
- Pour vegetable broth and tomatoes to the pan, combine with carrots and spices. Turn to high-medium heat and let bubble away for 10 minutes.
- Add lentils and cook for another 5 minutes in medium heat.
- Cook noodles according to package instructions.
- Add Oat cuisine to the soup and give a good swirl but don't heat the soup anymore.
- Drain the noodles and add them to the soup last, or you can also add them to the soup while serving.
- Serve the soup warm with fresh herbs as a garnish.
This is a sponsored post, but all opinions are my own. My family has used Kaslink AITO oat products ever since they launched in Finland in 2017. Our favorites include: Organic oat drink, Barista drink for coffee (and creamy porridge and overnight oats), oat snacks (yogurt type of snack), Oat for whipping (it’s amazingly thick and creamy!) and Oat cuisine featured here.