This creamy tofu scramble is the breakfast of my dreams. I used to LOVE scrambled eggs and always had them on toast just like in the photo. I made this tofu scramble super creamy so it mimics the softness of scrambled eggs.Jump to Recipe
How to make tofu scramble?
It all starts with drying the firm tofu block exactly like you would in any tofu recipe. I usually cut my tofu block in a few pieces so it’s quicker to dry between kitchen towels and a heavy pan on top.
When all the extra liquid is squeezed out, you can crumble the tofu into small bits and pieces.
Then it’s time to cook the tofu with some amazing spices like turmeric powder to get a nice yellow color.
Making it creamy!
The secret to an amazing tofu scramble is creaminess! I use oat cream for cooking and vegan butter to achieve the perfect soft consistency. You can use any unsweetened cooking cream you like and any vegan butter. Depending on the flavor of the cream and butter, you might need to add more spices.
Because of the creaminess, this scramble stays well on top of toast, an is perfectly suitable for a weekend brunch setting.
I actually enjoyed my brunch alone this weekend. It’s become a little habit of mine to enjoy an hour of me time on weekend mornings with good food and Netflix. Simple luxuries of life ♥
Creamy tofu scramble
- about 7 oz / 200 g firm tofu block
- a drop of oil for cooking the tofu
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika powder
- 1/3 cups unsweetened plant-based cream for cooking I use an oat-based cream, Oat cuisine from Kaslink AITO
- 2 tsp vegan butter
- black pepper & salt Note: if you want your scramble to taste like the real thing, you can use kala namak black salt
- For serving: toast, fresh herbs such as parsley
- Dry the tofu well inside a kitchen towel.
- Crumble the tofu into very small pieces.
- Warm a drop of oil in a pan. Add tofu and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add turmeric, onion powder, paprika, salt & black pepper and stir well.
- Add cream and butter and keep stirring until well combined, soft and fluffy.
- Serve warm on top of toast with parsley or other fresh herbs on top.
If you’re searching for sweeter breakfasts, search no more. Some yummy overnight oats recipes:
ps You can also follow Myberryforest on Pinterest!