Are you ready for some breakfast deliciousness? I’m sharing my favorite three-in-one quick brekkie recipe: creamy vegan mocha smoothie and I hope you’ll try it if you love coffee, chocolate and oats as much as I do.
There’s a little secret to this recipe: a new Finnish oat product which boosts the nutrient content of the smoothie: Oatlaws Power Oats, a wholegrain oat drink mix. At the moment Oatlaws products are available in Finland, and soon online as well. These easy-to-use products have saved many days when I’m in a rush and in need of something nourishing to grab for brekkie or snack.
I would love to have slow mornings every day (who wouldn’t!) – pancakes, slow-cooked porridge, perhaps even some fresh baked banana bread, rainbow fruit platters… But weekday mornings are never slow here at the Berry house and our brekkies are really basic, nothing too fancy and rarely Instagrammable: either warm quick oatmeal, yogurt with Oatlaws Power Oats and berries or bread. And coffee (for me), lots of coffee.
Sometimes I like to make smoothies in the mornings, and usually they’re not the most beautiful smoothies. I’m talking about those weird berry-kale combos which are a lovely brownish-grey-green in color. But this time I managed to make such a beauty I wanted to share the recipe. I added extra melted chocolate and raspberries on top to make it even more appealing 🙂
While this is the perfect morning smoothie because of the coffee kick, it would also serve as a lovely snack when both coffee and chocolate cravings hit during the afternoon. I hope I’m not the only one having cravings like these every single day?
So with this creamy & chocolatey recipe, I’m breaking the silence here at My Berry Forest and also making a promise to you all to be here more often to share magical plant deliciousness and food stories. Hope you’ll join me here!
ps A totally new thing: My first newsletter is coming up this spring with blog updates and exclusive (delicious!) content. Sign up in the sidebar to be a part of the Berry Forest Cooking Club ♥
- 1 big frozen banana or 2 smaller ones
- ½ cup of cashews
- 2 tbsp Oatlaws Power Oats or ¼ cups rolled oats
- 2,5 tbsp unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- ~1/3 cups plant-based mylk, I used oat mylk
- freshly brewed strong coffee to taste, I used about ¼ cups
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (or more to taste)
- pinch of salt
- 20 g of melted dark chocolate
- Toppings: Raspberries or other berries
- Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth. Add more plant mylk / maple syrup if you want.
- Melt dark chocolate in a double boiler.
- Swirl it to the sides of the smoothie jar and pour the smoothie in glasses / jars. Add melted chocolate on top and decorate with berries.
- Enjoy this creamy breakfast delight!
Pretty obvious but telling it anyway - if you're serving this to kids, pls leave out the coffee 🙂