To be completely honest, this creamy vegan tofu scramble is not made of tofu. I used Oat block, the latest oat invention from Finland. It’s quite similar to tofu in both flavor and consistency and can be used just like tofu.Jump to Recipe
So instead of making tofu scramble, I made oat block scramble! But it sounded just way too weird to write in the title 🙂 Oat block is only available in Finland at the moment, but you can use tofu to make this scramble and it will taste equally delicious.
The secret to an amazing tofu (or oat block) scramble is the creaminess! I use oat cream for cooking and vegan butter to achieve the perfect soft consistency. This scramble stays well on top of toast, an is perfectly suitable for a weekend brunch setting.
I actually enjoyed my brunch alone this weekend. It’s become a little habit of mine to enjoy an hour of me time on weekend mornings with good food and Netflix. Simple luxuries of life ♥
Creamy vegan tofu scramble
- about 7 oz / 200 g unsweetened tofu I use a new product - Yosa Oat block, which resembles tofu but is made of oats and pea protein
- a drop of oil (or water)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika powder
- 1/3 cups unsweetened plant-based cream for cooking I use an oat-based cream, Oat cuisine from Kaslink AITO
- 1-2 tsp vegan butter
- black pepper & salt Note: if you want your scramble to taste like the real thing, you can use kala namak black salt
- For serving: toast, fresh herbs such as parsley
- Dry the tofu well inside a kitchen towel.
- Crumble the tofu into very small pieces.
- Warm a drop of oil in a pan. Add tofu and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add turmeric, onion powder, paprika, salt & black pepper and stir well.
- Add cream and butter and keep stirring until well combined, soft and fluffy.
- Serve warm on top of toast with parsley or other fresh herbs on top.