Paid collaboration with Fazer Aito. In this post I’ll share my easy vegan lunch meal prep based on just a few delicious vegan ingredients. The meals are healthy, wholesome, quick to make and easy to take along to work.
Six ingredients as the basis of easy vegan lunch meal prep
- Cannelini beans
- Fresh herbs
- Fazer Aito Oat Cuisine, an oat-based cooking cream
- Yosa Oat block, a tofu like vegan protein made with oats and peas
How to start the lunch prep?
- Cook a large batch of quinoa first and use it in 3-4 days. I always cook quinoa in veggie broth (a bit salted) to make it more savory and ready to use in meals.
- I use canned beans but you can also cook dried beans beforehand. I prep marinated Cannelini beans and a delicious creamy herb “hummus”.
- Roast tomatoes in the oven while prepping other food.
- Dry, slice and marinate Yosa Oat block. You can marinate the Oat block to make a “feta” type of protein used in salads.
For this easy vegan lunch meal prep I’m using Fazer Aito Oat Cuisine in two ways: as a creamy ingredient for the bean “hummus” and to marinate beans.
Herb bean “hummus”
- 3/4 cup cooked Cannelini beans
- 1/4 cup Fazer Aito Oat Cuisine
- 1 table spoon lemon or lime juice
- 1 bunch of fresh herbs such as cilantro (about 1 cup herbs)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Blend all ingredients until you have a creamy hummus. Keep well covered in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- 1 cup Cannelini beans
- 4 tablespoons Fazer Aito Oat Cuisine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- chili flakes
Mix all ingredients together without smashing the beans too much. Keep well covered in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Easy vegan meal prep: 3 vegan lunches
1. Quinoa with marinated beans and oven roasted tomatoes.
- Cook a big batch of quinoa in veggie broth.
- Prep marinated beans, recipe above.
- Roast cherry tomatoes in the oven 150 C / 300 F about 30-40 minutes. You can drizzle some oil and add pinch of salt on top prior to roasting.
- For the meal: quinoa, marinated beans, oven roasted tomatoes and fresh herbs.
2. Quinoa salad with tomatoes, Yosa Oat block, fresh herbs and herb “hummus”
- Dry Yosa Oat block and cut into cubes. Cook in a pan for a few minutes until crispy.
- Halve cherry tomatoes.
- Mix crispy Oat block cubes together with quinoa, tomatoes and fresh herbs.
- Put a good dollop of herb “hummus” (recipe above) on the side to be eaten with the salad.
4. Wrap with herb hummus, quinoa, marinated Oat block, herbs and cucumber.
- Make a marinade on the previous day if you want the Oat block to be more marinated or make a quick marinade just before packing the lunch. Dry Yosa Oat block, slice into thin slices and marinate. Marinade: 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1/2 tsp dried oregano, 1/2 tsp onion powder, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp garlic powder.
- Spread herb hummus on the wrap.
- Sprinkle a few tablespoons of quinoa on top.
- Add marinated Yosa Oat block slices, fresh herbs and long thin cucumber slices.
- Wrap it and enjoy!
Vegan Meal Prep Post Series
This post is part of my Vegan Meal Prep post series I’ve made in collaboration with Fazer Aito. Here are the previous parts with many delicious recipes and lots of meal prep tips included!