This fig pizza pie with pink whipped coconut cream was created on a beautiful cold winter day. While one part of me would love to live in Hawaii or any other tropical place with beautiful beaches, sun, fun, and fruits I’ve never even heard of, another part of me loves all the seasons.
When November begins I start spending more time indoors, cooking by the stove, baking with my children. Winter is the season of sharing good food with loved ones while watching the dark days go by. It’s kind of a hibernation period for me, and my favorite place to hibernate is our kitchen.
Summer is the time for bright and colorful produce and I’m very inspired by all berries and fruits of the season. When autumn comes, I’m longing for darker tones and flavors. Figs and apples are a perfect match so I thought I’d combine these two to make a delicious dessert for the family.
My daughter was delighted to help me, although she is not a huge fan of figs. She had a piece of this fruit pizza pie with just the apple sauce. This pie would taste good with any fruits of the season!
I hope you enjoy winter baking as much as we do!
Lots of love from the forest ♥
This pie is dedicated to the cold and dark days of November.
- [b]Pizza pie crust[/b]
- [b]Dry ingredients:[/b]
- 1/3 cup almonds
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup white rice flour
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/8 tsp good quality salt (I used Himalayan salt)
- [b]Wet ingredients:[/b]
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup plant based milk (I used unsweetened oat milk)
- 1/3 cup apple sauce (recipe [url href=”https://www.myberryforest.com/the-perfect-healthy-apple-sauce-a-new-season-has-begun/” target=”_blank”]here[/url])
- 3 fresh figs
- [b]Pink whipped coconut cream[/b]
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 tsp agave nectar
- 1 tsp beetroot powder
- 1/2 tsp Ceylon cinnamon
- [b]Preparations:[/b] chill one can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight.
- Make healthy apple sauce (this requires approximately 2 hours of oven time) and let chill.
- Preheat oven to 200C/390F.
- [b]Pizza pie crust:[/b] Blend almonds and walnuts into flour. Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add melted coconut oil and plant milk to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the batter on to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and mold it into a pizza shape.
- Bake in 200C/390F for 10 minutes. Let cool before adding toppings.
- [b]Pink whipped coconut cream:[/b] scoop stiffened creamy part out of the coconut milk can and whip it into a smooth whipped cream. Add sweetener, beetroot powder and cinnamon.
- [b]Toppings: [/b]spread apple sauce on top of pizza pie.
- Cut figs into half moon shapes and put on top of apple sauce.
- Enjoy fig pizza pie with pink whipped coconut cream and a good cup of tea or coffee.
Leave a Reply