This is what happens when I start experimenting with my old classic recipes: gingerbread spiced Snickers overnight oats 🙂 And I’m totally happy with this little experiment, because I turned my luxurious breakfast into a festive treat with just a few ingredients!
Click here to read this post in Finnish.
This recipe is one of the most popular recipes on my blog and I’m not really surprised – peanut butter and chocolate combo is irresistible! With a little help from cinnamon, cardamom and gingerbread spice, this little pot of gold becomes even more irresistible (if you love these spices as much as I do).
Overnight oats are perfect for breakfast (just grab and go!), but I also love them as a healthier dessert when the ingredients are as rich as in this one: almond butter, peanut butter, salted peanuts, chocolate… I hope you try this recipe, and if you do, please tag me on IG: @myberryforest and #myberryforest so I can see your amazing recreations.
Big hugs and love from the forest!
ps If you want to take a look at the original recipe, just click here for my Snickers chia overnight oats.
Gingerbread Spiced Snickers Overnight Oats
- 1 cup unsweetened oat drink (or other plant-based milk) I use Kaslink AITO oat drink
- 1/3 cups gluten-free oats
- 3,5 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 0,5 tsp Ceylon cinnamon
- 0,5 tsp ground cardamom
- 0,5 tsp gingerbread spice
Snickers caramel sauce
- 3 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 2 tbsp unsweetened oat drink (or other plant-based milk)
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- pinch salt
- 1 oz vegan chocolate (1 oz= ~30 g)
- 1/4 cups chopped salted peanuts
- Chia overnight oats: Whisk all ingredients in a bowl until smooth. Store in the fridge for at least 30 min or overnight.
- Snickers caramel: mix all caramel ingredients with a spoon until smooth. Add more plant milk if needed.
- Toppings: melt dark chocolate in a water bath and chop peanuts.
- When serving the oats: swirl Snickers caramel into the oats, add a generous drizzle of chocolate and crunchy peanuts. ENJOY!