When spring arrives, I start baking fruit flavored treats. While I’m waiting for the berry season to arrive here in the North, this gluten-free lemon bundt cake gives the perfect fruity vibes for Spring baking season. This delicious bundt cake is also vegan.
Easy-to-make Bundt Cake
What makes this an easy-to-make cake is that it’s a one bowl cake with pretty simple ingredients. The secret to the right moist consistency is having a high-quality gluten-free flour mix to bake with.
I made this recipe last spring as an Instagram collaboration with Virtasalmen Viljatuote, a Finnish gluten-free flour brand, so naturally that is the flour I recommend using.
Viljatuote all-purpose gluten-free flour mix contains a mixture of light flours such as white rice flour, GMO-free corn flour and also some psyllium for better baking results. Because of the psyllium, this flour absorbs a lot of liquid. If you are using another brand of flour, you might need to adjust the amount liquids.
Gluten-free Lemon Bundt Cake Recipe
The recipe measurements are both in grams (which I use for baking with a kitchen scale) and US cups.
Gluten-free lemon bundt cake:
- 150 g or 2/3 cup vegan butter
- 140 g or about 1 cup Viljatuote gluten-free all purpose flour mix + a little bit more for flouring the bundt pan
- 100 g or 2/3 cup fine white rice flour
- 150 g or 2/3 cup white sugar
- 50 g or 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup lemon flavored unsweetened sparkling water (unflavored sparkling water is ok too)
- 120 g or 1 cup powdered sugar
- ~1 tsp turmeric powder (optional, for color)
- ~2 tbsp lemon juice or until you the desired consistency
Optional: edible flowers as decoration
Preheat the oven to 175 C or 350 F.
Grease and flour a bundt pan.
Melt the vegan butter and let it cool for a few minutes.
Mix the flours, sugars, baking powder, vanilla and salt. Add the lemon juice and sparkling water. Mix gently together and pour into the pan. Bake for about 50 min. L
Let the cake cool in the pan for about 15 minutes before removing it.
Mix the frosting ingredients and drizzle on top of the cake. Decorate with edible flowers for a festive look.
More gluten-free vegan spring baking inspiration: