Collaboration with Virtasalmen Viljatuote. I am in heaven! This gluten-free vegan cheesecake tart with white chocolate cream is my current favorite cheesecake. It is oh so creamy and full of amazing flavor with a delicious gluten-free crust made from high quality gluten-free all purpose flour, a lush cream cheese layer and heavenly white chocolate cream. This is a perfect tart for all kinds of spring celebrations!
My mom has had coeliac disease for over 20 years now, and we’ve been experimenting with a variety of flours over the years. A few years ago my mom started baking with Virtasalmen Viljatuote flours and that’s when I began using them too because I was and still am so impressed with the results. So it’s been a joy working with Virtasalmen Viljatuote this year creating delicious gluten-free recipes!
The best gluten-free flour mixes
Virtasalmen Viljatuote flours work in both savory and sweet baking, and you can trust that the end result is going to taste delicious. They manufacture 8 different gluten-free flour mixes and all of them are:
- Manufactured in Finland
- Gluten-free & vegan
- Wheat starch free
Baking with gluten-free flour
There are a few tips and tricks to making gluten-free goods taste yummy. One of the first things is actually already solved by Virtasalmen Viljatuote: you get better results when combining two to three (sometimes even four) different flours. These ready made flour mixes also contain psyllium, which makes the dough rise better and / or makes it fluffier.
So now that you have your gluten-free flour mix, there are still a few tricks to know: One of the most important things is that you have to be careful with the amount of flour you’re using! If you are making a regular wheat flour recipe gluten-free, you don’t need as much flour (in cup measures) as gf flour is usually a lot denser and it absorbs liquids much more.
Especially when baking vegan and gluten-free I also recommend using enough liquid / oil. For example in this vegan cheesecake tart I use coconut oil in the crust and before baking the dough is very soft and easy to shape. It should not feel crumbly, or else you will most likely get a very crumbly, even dry tart.
I also really recommend experimenting with different types of flour mixes! They make baking so much easier. If you can eat regular wheat flour, I still recommend trying out different flours. I think gluten-free flours give a lovely flavor to baked goods and also the texture might be different, but delicious of course.
If I’m baking sweet buns, cinnamon rolls or donuts I will choose the Gluten-free bun flour mix. When I’m making pancakes I’ll choose the Gluten-free pancake flour mix. If I want super scrumptious and healthy bread I will use a high fiber Gluten-free sunflower seeds flour mix.
I’ve also tested Virtasalmen Viljatuote Gluten-free broad been flour mix, see the recipe for yummy blueberry cookies, and Gluten-free nettle pancake flour mix, see the scrumptious Feta tart I made. The flour mix I use most often is the one I’m using in this tart: gluten-free all purpose flour mix. I think it works in every kind of baking, but especially in tarts, pies and cakes.
I hope you feel inspired to bake gluten-free! You can start with this gluten-free vegan cheesecake tart with white chocolate cream 🙂 All Virtasalmen Viljatuote flour mixes are available online in three languages (and Finnish of course), so pick the one most suitable for you:
This is a sponsored post but all opinions are my own.
ps If you’re looking for gluten-free vegan tarts in any other flavor, I’ve got you covered! Check out these popular recipes from Myberryforest:
No-bake Bounty mousse tart (coconut-chocolate tart)
Gluten-free vegan cheesecake tart with white chocolate cream
- 3/4 cups + 1,5 tbsp Viljatuote gluten-free all purpose flour mix
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp syrup
- 1/3 cups coconut oil
- 7 oz (200 g) cream cheese I find soy based cream cheeses to work well in baking
- 1/3 cup yogurt Unsweetened soy yogurt works well
- 4 tbsp syrup
- 1,5 tbsp Viljatuote gluten-free all purpose flour mix
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- lime zest from 1/2 lime
- pinch of salt
White chocolate cream
- 1 cup whipped plant-based cream
- 1,4 oz (40 g) vegan white chocolate
- berries, lime zest and lime
- Preheat oven to 400 F / 200 C.
- Mix flour and salt.
- Add syrup and coconut oil and combine until you have a soft dough which is easy to shape.
- Press dough in greased tart pans / pan and let chill in the fridge while you blend the filling
Cream cheese filling
- Blend all ingredients with a hand mixer until creamy.
- Pour cream cheese on top of the crust and bake for 20 minutes or until the edges are getting lovely golden and the filling is more solid. NOTE: The filling will be more solid when the cheesecake is stored 2 hours - overnigh in the fridge.
- NOTE: Place a baking sheet on the last rack of the oven, because the tart filling might spill as it bakes.
White chocolate cream
- Melt white chocolate in a water bath or microwave.
- Mix melted chocolate with whipped cream.
Decorating the tarts
- When the tart filling is solid, decorate with cream, berries and lime.Enjoy this delicious treat!