Collaboration with Viljatuote.
Gluten-free vegan cherry tart with tahini caramel and whipped oat cream is the perfect rustic summer tart for any occasion: a summer party, picnic or just weekday sweet cravings. Made with a high-quality oat based flour mix from Viljatuote, this tart is simple to make with just a few ingredients. The hearty oat crust and tahini caramel is what makes this tart special ♥
Baking with gluten-free flour mixes makes gluten-free baking so easy! You can totally trust the flour, when using high-quality ones like this one from Viljatuote. Viljatuote flour mixes are non gmo with no additives, just natural ingredients which ensures a quality baking experience.
I’m truly so happy to collaborate with Viljatuote. As you might know: I only collaborate with brands I trust and use regularly in the kitchen. I’ve been using Viljatuote for years now, and have never been disappointed.
You can buy Viljatuote gluten-free flours online from their online shop. The website is in four languages: Finnish, English, German and French!
One important thing I’ve learned and which I can’t stress enough: don’t use too much gluten-free flour or use more liquids than you would when baking with regular wheat flour!! Gluten-free flour works completely differently than for example wheat flour. It’s denser, thicker, usually much more fiber rich and nutritious and it absorbs a lot of liquid. I know I’ve written about this before, sorry for the repetition, but I was taught: repetition is key to learning…and I’m writing this as much to myself as to you as a reminder.
This rule applies most to gluten-free AND vegan baking, because you’re not using any eggs to make the baked good fluffy. You’re just relying on the flour, baking powders and the liquids. Baking a tart is pretty straightforward though, and the easiest in my opinion to bake gluten-free and vegan. The crust doesn’t need to rise, no need to be fluffy. It just needs to be just the right kind of moist and scrumptious. I achieved good results by using maple syrup and coconut oil as liquids, but you can use any syrup or oil.
Now let’s talk about the tahini caramel!! Can I just say it is the best caramel I’ve ever made. Perfectly spreadable, just the right kind of sweet and salty at the same time. And combined with the oat crust, fluffy whipped oat cream and cherries I think this is one of the best summer tarts I’ve ever baked!
And what is pretty amazing is that this tart is ready in just 30 minutes 🙂
Happy gluten-free baking!
Gluten-free vegan cherry tart with tahini caramel
- 1 cup / 195 grams Viljatuote gluten-free oat flour mix
- 1 tsp Ceylon cinnamon
- heaped 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cups + 1,5 tbsp / 115 grams maple syrup
- 1/3 cups + 1,5 tbsp / 80 grams coconut oil, room temperature
- 8 pitted dates 90 grams
- 2 tbsp light tahini
- 1/4 cups oat milk or plant-based milk of choice
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup Oat for whipping or other plant-based whipped cream
- 1 cup fresh cherries
- Preheat oven to 392 F / 200 C.
- Mix all crust ingredients and press into the bottom and edges of a baking pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes and press the bottom down to get the edges more prominent. This is totally optional! Bake for another 5 minutes and let cool for a bit.
- Blend tahini caramel ingredients until smooth. Spread on top of crust.
- Whip plant-based whipping cream and spread on top of tahini caramel.
- Decorate with halved cherries and enjoy this sweet summer tart!