Gluten-free vegan crepes with raspberry cream are surprisingly easy to make. No need for eggs, dairy nor wheat flour when you have a good quality gluten-free flour mix, dairy-free milk, whipped cream and ice cream. I fill my crepes with a dreamy raspberry cream perfect with these thin crepes!
How to make perfect gluten-free vegan crepes?
You only need two ingredients (and salt) to make these amazing crepes!
- Gluten-free flours: All you need is a good gluten-free flour mix. I love to use Viljatuote gluten-free pancake flour mix, which contains the perfect mix of flours and psyllium. The ingredients are: rice flour, wholegrain rice flour, buckwheat flour, corn flour (GMO free), wholegrain teff flour and psyllium. With this flour mix you just can’t go wrong – perfect crepes and pancakes every time! Viljatuote has a web store which delivers flour mixes to Europe. If you live in the US or elsewhere in the world and you don’t have good gluten-free flour mixes you can of course make your own mix with different flours. I recommend white rice flour, buckwheat flour and oat flour and a little bit of psyllium too to get better baking results.
- Plant-based milk: You also need plant-based milk, which tastes good. I love to use gluten-free oat milk, which I think tastes amazing! It is perfect in vegan baking with a really mild and sweet oaty flavor. I sometimes use the barista variety, which is a gluten-free creamy oat milk made for coffee.
Salt is the third ingredient and you need just a little bit to balance the flavors.
Gluten-free vegan crepes
- 175 g (~2,5 dl) Viljatuote pancake flour mix or equivalent
- 500 ml or 2 cups plant-based milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ~1 tbsp oil for cooking
- 1 cup vegan whipped cream
- 1 cup vegan vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup raspberries
Mix crepes batter ingredients with a whisk until smooth. The batter is supposed to be very liquid.
Warm a little oil in a non-stick pan. Take the pan off the stove when you pour the batter (about 75 ml or 1/3 cup per crepes) into the pan. Move the pan in circular motion to get a crepes shape.
Let the crepes cook for a few minutes or until the edges crisp up. Flip the crepes and let cook for another minute or two.
Smash about 1/2 cups of raspberries. Mix with the vegan whipped cream until you have a fluffy baby pink cream. Fill crepes with raspberry cream, ice cream and more raspberries. Enjoy ♥
If you want to try a savory version, here’s a delicious one: Gluten-free vegan savory crepes with creamy chanterelle sauce
ps You can follow my blog also on Pinterest!