Gluten-free vegan no-bake mini strawberry cupcakes are a dream come true summer treat: ready in 20 minutes, cute and perfectly flavored with fresh strawberries. I made these cupcakes after a lovely visit at a farm: Nenonen strawberry farm located in Suonenjoki, the Finnish strawberry capital.
If you ever come to Finland I can highly recommend a visit to Suonenjoki and especially a visit to Nenonen farm, where I was very warmly welcomed with a sparkling strawberry drink made from the farm’s own strawberries.
This drink is one of the best summer drinks I’ve ever tasted! It is alcohol free and deliciously strawberry flavored with just the right sweetness. Nenonen farm also makes a yummy strawberry soda and juice, 100% natural with the most amazing berry flavor.
Nenonen farm is not just a farm; it is also a cute and cozy cafe with all kinds of pretty strawberry themed items such as clocks, ceramics, soaps and of course food. Have you ever tasted strawberry coffee? Or strawberry chocolate? I got to taste both of these at the farm, and was pleasantly surprised how beautifully strawberries merge with so many flavors.
I hope you will enjoy this yummy treat as much as my family did – they rated this recipe 10/10 🙂
Lots of strawberry love from the forest!
ps The strawberries used in the recipe as well as the strawberry sodas in the background were kindly gifted by the Nenonen farm. The Finnish version of this post is sponsored, but I wanted to share my experiences at the farm also in English and I really wanted to share this summer recipe with you!
Gluten-free vegan no-bake mini strawberry cupcakes
- 3/4 cups + 2 tbsp gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/3 cups cashews
- 1/4 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp nut butter I used almond butter, but any nut butter you like will work
- For decoration: handful of fresh strawberries and about 1 cup of whipped plant-based cream
- Blend oats and cashews into a coarse crumb.
- Blend all ingredients until you have a soft sticky dough.
- Press the dough into a cupcake form. Chop a few strawberries.
- Make a hole in the middle and put chopped strawberries in the hole.
- Puree the rest of the strawberries and mix with whipped cream.
- Pipe strawberry cream on top of the cupcakes. ENJOY!