To read this post in Finnish, click here.
If you love avocado, leafy greens and fresh herbs – this is the Best Green Summer chia pudding for you! This is a simple recipe, takes about 10 minutes to make, and is super nourishing for an afternoon pick-me-up snack or brekkie.
I find myself craving three kinds of snacks in the summer: fruity smoothies, creamy nice cream or refreshing yogurt-based chia puddings. This particular pudding has been my go to recipe when I need to incorporate more green goodness in my daily diet.
The amount of sweetness can easily be adjusted by using sweetened yogurt. And with yummy toppings such as juicy berries, this becomes totally kid- (and husband) approved 🙂
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup plant-based yogurt (use sweetened yogurt if you want your pudding to be sweet)
- ½ c tightly packed baby spinach
- ½ c loosely packed fresh herbs of choice (I prefer mint or lemon balm combined with basil)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Toppings: berries of choice (I recommend sweet blueberries as they go together amazingly with this pudding)
- Blend everything in a high-speed blender or food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Top with berries and ENJOY 🙂