This grilled vegan Caesar salad tofu burger with garlic oil is my favorite summer burger! It combines elements from a classic vegan Caesar salad with avocado and grilled tofu. This all results in epic summer flavors.
This summer meal comes together in no time. Just brush dried tofu and summer cabbage with olive oil. Grill for a few minutes per side. Grill the burger buns too to get a lovely crunchy bun. Blend Caesar salad sauce ingredients, cook garlic oil, grate vegan parmesan and assemble burger. And that’s basically it!
For the tofu I’m using a special smoked flavored tofu from Finnish high-quality brand Jalotofu. This smoked tofu is perfect for grilling and for burgers. In winter time it’s my go to tofu in pasta sauces.
What makes this grilled vegan Caesar salad tofu burger with garlic oil extra special are the condiments. Brush garlic oil on top of the grilled tofu slice. Then sprinkle grated vegan parmesan generously on top. This together with the sauce, grilled cabbage and herbs is all you need for an amazing summer burger experience.
If you try this epic burger, please let me know by tagging @myberryforest on Instagram!
Two other favorite summer tofu recipes you can try:
Happy Midsummer weekend from the forest!
ps Follow me on Pinterest for delicious vegan food and beautiful food photography!
Grilled vegan caesar salad tofu burger with garlic oil
- 10 oz / ~300 g block of firm smoked tofu If you can't find smoked tofu, use any marinated tofu you like
- 1 small summer cabbage
- 4 burger buns
- ~2 tbsp oil
Caesar salad sauce
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup unsweetened creamy yogurt of choice
- 1 tbsp vegan mayo
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tsp capers
- 1/4 tsp salt
- black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- pinch of salt
- vegan parmesan
- fresh herbs such as parsley and/or cilantro
- Cut tofu into 2-3 pieces and cover with a cloth or paper towel. Dry tofu under a heavy pan for about 15 minutes.
- Blend caesar salad sauce ingredients. You can also just smash them with a fork together if you don't want your sauce to be smooth.
- Chop garlic into tiny pieces and fry in a pan with olive oil in medium heat for a few minutes. Add salt and set aside.
- Grate vegan parmesan as much as you like. We used about 1/4 cups (divided into 4 burgers).
- Cut dried tofu into 6-8 pieces. Cut cabbage into a few pieces. Brush both tofu and cabbage with oil.
- Grill tofu and cabbage for a few minutes per side on a hot grill.
- Toast burger buns for a few seconds on the grill too to get nice and crunchy buns.
- Assemble burgers: spread caesar salad sauce, add tofu pieces, garlic oil, grated parmesan, piece of cabbage, fresh herbs and sauce. ENJOY this epic summer burger!