I didn’t know what to call this delicious snack, so I named it healthy vegan nutella pudding smoothie, which describes in many words exactly what it is 🙂 It’s either a pudding or a smoothie depending on the amount of liquid used, and it’s one of our favorite kid-friendly chocolatey snacks.
I made this for my 8 year old daughter who is a big chocolate and nutella lover, just like I am. Instead of the usual sugary nutella, I made a nutritious veggie filled treat which still tastes like nutella.
Vegetables in smoothies
These are the veggies I chose for this Nutella smoothie: sweet potato and cauliflower. I recommend cooking a couple sweet potatoes, cooling and chopping them. You can store the bits in the freezer and use in smoothies and soups. You can do the same with the cauliflower or use raw frozen cauliflower.
My daughter had no clue what was hidden inside the smoothie and she was very surprised when I told her. She’s actually become quite a fan of both veggies now (all thanks to this treat!).
Try this healthy vegan nutella pudding smoothie and be surprised too 🙂
If Nutella is not your thing why not try other popular chocolatey smoothies from Myberryforest:
Healthy vegan nutella pudding smoothie
- 3,5 oz / 100 g frozen (cooked) sweet potato
- 1,7 oz / 50 g frozen (raw or cooked) cauliflower
- 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cups roasted hazelnuts
- 2-3 dates I used 3 small ones.
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1/2-1 cups plant-based milk I used 1/2 cups but you can use 1 cup to make it more like a smoothie
- Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth and velvety. Top with anything you like and enjoy this healthy treat!
ps You can follow Myberryforest also on Facebook!