My winter hibernation period is now officially over and I’m embracing springtime to the fullest. It doesn’t look like spring yet (still some snow on the ground) but these little snacks – Key lime pie & piña colada toasts help me get in the right mood. Whenever I’m craving sweet toasts I try to come up with new yummy vegan spreads. But not just yummy, preferably healthy and wholesome too. These two spreads are all that and more (+ spring vibes guaranteed!).
Snacktime becomes pretty amazing if you have lime, avocado, pineapple and coconut cream. You also need about 20 minutes and preferably at least another 20 min to enjoy these sweet toasties in a relaxed way. Just a bite of these and you’ll be transported into a green sunny place 🙂 After a long moody winter, that’s exactly what I’m longing for.
Would you like to have a bite?
ps. This recipe is also perfect for all you avocado fans (everyone I assume?). If you haven’t tried sweet avo toasts yet, you should definitely give them a try 🙂
- Key Lime Pie toasts
- 1 avocado
- Juice of one small-medium lime (about 2 tbsp lime juice)
- ¼ c coconut cream (the creamy part of a coconut milk can)
- 1 tsp light agave syrup or stevia drops or sweetener of choice (I like to use light colored agave or stevia in this recipe so that the key lime spread will keep its gorgeous green color)
- pinch of spirulina (add spirulina to make the spread beautifully green)
- pinch of Himalayan salt (or other good quality salt)
- Piña colada toasts
- 2 cups fresh pineapple
- 1,5 tbsp chia seeds
- ¼ cups coconut cream (the creamy part of a coconut milk can)
- Sweetener of choice if you prefer your coconut cream sweetened
- 4 toasts
- Key lime pie toasts: blend all the ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender until totally smooth and creamy. Store in the fridge in a sealed container.
- Piña colada toasts: blend 2 cups fresh pineapple cubes in a food processor or blender until smooth. Heat pineapple puree in a saucepan over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until the puree starts to thicken. Stir in the chia seeds. Store the jam in a clean glass jar or other clean container.
- How to make the toasts: Put key lime pie spread generously on top of a warm toast.
- Spread pineapple jam on other toasts and add a dollop of coconut cream on top.
- Enjoy this lovely green & yellow spring snack 🙂
pps If you’re looking for a chocolatey vegan spread, look no further – this is a yummy creamy one. Have you made coconut butter from scratch? It’s super easy, as you can see here!