Collaboration with Kaslink AITO. Luxury overnight oats are a creamy and sweet weekend breakfast. I sweetened mine with lovely fall flavors: lingonberry jam and cloudberry jam. You only need 10 minutes active time to make these so why not make them now and you’ll have a luxurious breakfast waiting for you in the morning 🙂
How to make luxury overnight oats?
It all starts with high-quality ingredients and the right ratio of ingredients to get the optimal texture. I’m using Kaslink AITO oat-based products to make my overnight oats super creamy and luxurious. These products are currently available in Sweden and hopefully soon available globally too.
Here’s what you need to make your breakfast time a gourmet experience
- Delicious plant-based yogurt: Kaslink AITO oat-based yogurt is called Oat snack. It is thick with a mildly sweet oaty flavor, which goes amazingly together with rolled oats.
- Plant-based whipped cream: Kaslink AITO Oat for whipping is a genius product. It is creamy, fluffy, but still has a light feel and tastes like whipped cream! You might remember it from some of my cake posts such as this popular vegan chocolate cake with raspberry cream. Oat for whipping is my go to vegan whipped cream.
- Nut butter: Nut butter is an essential ingredient if you want a warm creamy flavor to your oats. I prefer cashew, almond or peanut butter.
- Fruit jam: What I love about fruit jams is that there’s one for every season. You can make a spring, summer, fall or winter version of these luxury overnight oats by just varying the jam used. This time I used lingonberry jam and cloudberry jam, both very unique berries growing in the Northern parts of the world. We have lots of lingonberries in the forest, but I used a store bought jam this time. The cloudberry jam is made by my dad’s friend and it is one of the most delicious jams I’ve ever tasted. If you want to make overnight oats using these two jams, just find the nearest IKEA and grab these from the food section.
One secret ingredient
There is one ingredient which is missing from most overnight oats recipes, which I like to include in mine. It’s the same ingredient I put into my warm porridge as well. Well actually I put it into every single meal I make (if I’m not cooking for babies). This ingredient is:
Why put salt in a sweet food?
It’s meant to enhance the sweetness. To bring a balance of flavors. You don’t need it a lot, just a pinch or two. Try it first without salt and then with a pinch or two and let me know if you can taste the difference!
Delicious breakfast and snack times from the forest!
Luxury overnight oats
- 1/2 cup AITO Oat for Whipping, measured before whipping This is about 1 1/2 cups whipped cream
- 1 cup AITO Oat Snack oat-based dairy-free yogurt
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp cashew butter (mix with 1 tbsp of oat drink if too thick) or other nut butter
- 1/3 cup lingonberry jam
- 1/3 cup cloudberry jam
- Toppings: berries
- Whip Oat for whipping for about 20 seconds or until it's fluffy (usually no more than 20 sec needed 🙂 ).
- Mix dry ingredients: oats, salt and seeds
- Add Oat for whipping and Oat snack and mix until fully combined.
- Let set in the fridge well covered for at least 60 min or overnight.
- When ready divide jam and overnight oats into jars. Top with berries if you like. ENJOY this luxury breakfast or snack!
ps You can also follow Myberryforest on Facebook