My favorite drink during summer time: MOCKTAILS! After seeing amazing fruit infused waters on Instagram, I thought about making my own version, but wanted to make it more festive. So my magical fruit mocktails were born. Ever since I made the first one: my sparkling blueberry mocktail, I’ve been making new flavors every week. They taste so refreshing and delicious, and I want to share the recipes with you all!
These are not complicated recipes and require just a few basic ingredients. I encourage you to get creative and make your own magical version of these mocktails! You can use whatever fruit you currently have at hand. I use mostly berries as they are my absolute favorite, and they look super pretty inside a glass 🙂
This weekend is dedicated to Midsummer celebrations at our summer cottage: sauna, swimming, bonfires, good food and of course some magical fruit mocktails too 🙂
Happy Midsummer from the forest!
ps. If you try these, let me know what you think! And remember to use the hashtag #myberryforest and tag me in the photo so I can see your creations 🙂
- Magical Fruit Mocktails, the base for each recipe is the same:
- ~4 cups of Sparkling water (unflavored)
- Big handful of Ice cubes
- ½ - 2 tsp Coconut sugar (or to taste)
- Sparkling blueberry mocktail
- Handful of frozen wild blueberries
- Few fresh blueberries
- Juice of 1 lime
- Fresh lemon balm or other flavorful herb of choice + edible flowers
- Strawberry-basil mocktail
- A large handful of fresh strawberries
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 1 tsp beet juice
- Fresh tiny (or regular) basil leaves
- Lime-blueberry mocktail
- 3 small limes
- Handful of blueberries
- about ⅛ tsp Spirulina powder or until you get a lovely green color
- Golden mocktail
- Handful of frozen red currant (or other red berries)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- Pinch of black pepper
- Sparkling blueberry mocktail: Put wild blueberries inside the serving glass and mash them a bit with coconut sugar.
- Add ice cubes, sparkling water, lime juice and mix thoroughly.
- Decorate with fresh blueberries, lemon balm leaves and edible flowers.
- Strawberry-basil mocktail: Add ice cubes to serving glasses.
- In a separate glass, combine sparkling water with beet juice and lemon juice until the color is as pink/red as you like (and the flavor isn't too beetrooty).
- Pour the pink/red water into the serving glasses and decorate the drink with strawberries, basil leaves and flowers.
- Lime-blueberry mocktail: Slice the limes, leave a few for decoration and put the rest inside the serving glasses with coconut sugar. Mash them up thoroughly and add ice cubes.
- In a separate glass, combine sparkling water with a dash of spirulina until the color becomes beautifully green. Pour the water into the serving glasses and decorate with blueberries and lime slices.
- Golden mocktail: Put frozen red currants or other red berries inside the serving glass, add coconut sugar and mix. Add ice cubes.
- In a separate glass, mix juice of 1 lemon, turmeric powder and sparkling water. Pour water into serving glass and decorate with more berries.