Confession time: I have nine different green superfood powders in my pantry ready to be sprinkled in smoothies, overnight oats, porridges, puddings, savory sauces and dips. I use one or two of these super greens every day, simply because they are such a convenient way to boost up food to another nutritional level. I absolutely love green superfood powders in nice creams, so it was a must to taste matcha nice cream.
Even though I am an avid user of green superfoods, I was not very familiar with matcha. I’ve had matcha green tea and matcha lattes, but I was yearning for something refreshing, cooling, preferably eaten with a spoon. Green grapes and bananas from the freezer, basil leaves from our garden, coconut milk, a dash of sweetener – the perfect matcha nice cream was born. And to make it a tad more special: I sprinkled sesame seeds colored with beetroot on top.
ps.The other superfood greens in my pantry in no particular order are: moringa, spirulina, chlorella, wheatgrass, spinach, kale, nettle and a green superfood mix.
- 2 frozen bananas
- ⅓ cup frozen green grapes
- ¼ cup creamy coconut milk
- 10 small basil leaves
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Freeze bananas and green grapes for at least 3 hours prior to blending.
- Take frozen bananas and green grapes from the freezer and let thaw for 5-10 minutes before blending.
- Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender or powerful food processor until fluffy consistency reached.