Oven baked gluten-free vegan savory spinach crepes is based on my healthy blender blueberry pie pancake recipe. When cooking gluten-free vegan pancakes in a pan, the pancake batter can be tricky to handle. So to make cooking easier, I created this oven baked version. I’m calling these pancakes crepes, because these are perfectly thin – just like crepes should be 🙂
What I love about this recipe the most is that I can add any greens: spinach, kale, fresh herbs, even stinging nettle to the batter. You can also use the stems of herbs, and any slightly wilted greens, because they will all be blended smooth.
You can adjust the spices to your liking. My kids prefer a plain salt & pepper version, whereas I’m loving this more seasoned one. This idea is from my Instagram friend Alex @chocolateandavocados who shares delicious wholesome vegan and gluten-free meal ideas on her page. A while ago she made my kale pancakes with additional spices and I loved them ♥
I like to eat these crepes warm with just tomatoes or a tomato salsa type of side dish, and a coconut yogurt sauce like the one in my buddha bowl recipe.
These oven-baked gluten-free vegan savory spinach crepes are great for either breakfast or lunch!
If you want a quick but more traditionally cooked sweet pancake recipe, I recommend my healthy blueberry pie blender pancakes!
Oven baked gluten-free vegan savory spinach crepes
- 1 cup nuts I usually have 1/2 c walnuts and 1/2 c cashews
- 1 cup greens I usually have spinach, and sometimes add basil or other fresh herbs or nettles
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plant-based milk
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt (or adjust to taste)
- + oil for greasing the pan
- tomatoes or tomato salsa Simple tomato salsa: chop a handful of small tomatoes, add lemon or lime juice, some Extra virgin olive oil, fresh herbs such as cilantro, salt and pepper to taste
- coconut yogurt sauce
- Preheat oven to 200 C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and grease the paper with any oil you want. I use coconut oil.
- Blend all ingredients until totally smooth.
- Take about a spoonful of batter per crepe and make it into a thin round pancake shape. Continue until baking sheet is full.
- Bake in the oven for 10 min. Let cool for a few minutes and enjoy with the extras for either lunch or breakfast.