I love to be greeted by the sun in the morning when I wake up at 5.30 am to a soft cry. Actually I’m kidding – my son has a very loud voice, and he knows how to use it. “I don’t want to sleep mama” he yells, so we walk downstairs together, open the door to our back yard and walk barefoot on the wet grass. We say hello to the sun and tall trees, the grass tickling our toes. When we come back inside, I really need my early morning coffee fix, but I also need a nourishing smoothie to make me feel energized. My pink grapefruit smoothie bowls with red currants will do the trick.
My son loves almost every smoothie I make. While my little girl is very slowly adjusting to the taste of green smoothies, a story which can be read here, my son on the other hand loves greens. The greener the better is his opinion. But he also appreciates my little smoothie experiments like this one with oat yogurt and a lovely zingy pink grapefruit flavor.
- 1 pink grapefruit
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/3 cup oat yogurt (or other plant based yogurt)
- Optional: 1 tsp Baobab powder
- Red currants or other berries
- 1/2 tsp coconut sugar
- Take banana out of the freezer about 10 minutes before blending (for easier blending).
- Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth consistency achieved.
- Sprinkle coconut sugar on top and add berries.
ps. Resepti löytyy suomeksi täältä: vegaanihaaste.fi
Leave a Reply