Collaboration with Fazer Aito for Red Nose Day. These Red Nose Day cupcakes have a berry jam heart. They are very easy to bake and fun to decorate!
Red Nose Day
Have you heard of Red Nose Day?
In Finland Red Nose Day or Nenäpäivä as it’s called here is a very important day or actually several weeks of campaign time to raise money for children in need. In Finland Red Nose Day is celebrated in October and November. In 2019 the campaign culminated November 8th to a big show where celebrities gathered together to raise awareness of Red Nose Day and its purpose.
Red Nose Day is a campaign with the mission to end child poverty by funding programs that keep children safe, healthy, and educated. Through the power of entertainment, we bring people together to laugh and have fun, all while raising life-changing cash for the children that need it the most. Source: Rednoseday.com
Red Nose Day and Fazer AITO
For Red Nose Day I am honored to collaborate with Fazer AITO, a Finnish brand with high-quality oat-based dairy-free cooking products.
You’ve probably seen many products on my blog, for example Oat for whipping (a oat-based whipped cream), Oat Cuisine (oat-based cooking cream), Oat Snack (oat-based “yogurt”) and Oat drink (oat-based “milk”) – all made of pure, clean Finnish oats.
I baked delicious Red Nose Day vegan berry cupcakes with my little berry girl. She loved to swirl berry jam in the batter, but decorating the cakes with a red currant nose and chocolate heart eyes was the most fun part!
And of course eating the cupcakes afterwards was pretty exciting too 🙂
Fazer Aito is taking part and helping the Red Nose Day cause with a donation bank.
Red Nose Day vegan berry cupcakes
- muffin pan and paper muffin forms (big ones)
- 300 ml Kaslink AITO Oat drink I use AITO Barista
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 195 grams all-purpose flour
- 35 grams oat bran
- 130 grams sugar
- 1,5 tsp baking powder
- 0,5 tsp salt
- 100 ml liquid oil such as melted neutral coconut oil
- ~100 ml berry jam
- For decoration: plant-based whipped cream (AITO Oat for whipping), red currants as a nose, chocolate chips as eyes.
- Preheat oven to 356 F / 180 C. Place 8-10 paper forms in a muffin pan.
- Whisk oat drink and apple cider vinegar together.
- Mix dry ingredients in another bowl: flour, oat bran, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add oil and oat drink + acv mixture and mix until no clumps in the batter.
- Pour batter (or spoon) in the paper forms (almost full).
- Swirl a heaped tsp of berry jam inside each cupcake.
- Bake mid rack for about 35 minutes or until toothpick test comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool before decorating. Pipe cream on top, add berry nose and chocolate eyes and enjoy these cupcakes with loved ones 🙂