Sheet pan meals are not a new thing, but they are a new thing in the Berry forest kitchen! We eat oven roasted vegetables quite often, but I’ve never actually thought of adding tofu to the mix, too. This sheet pan tofu with potatoes has a lemony twist. Who else loves oven roasted lemon?Jump to Recipe
To make this sheet pan meal I used three kinds of potatoes: orange sweet potatoes, purple sweet potatoes and pink potatoes. My children like this meal more with regular yellow potatoes, so that’s what I’ll be using later when I make this kid-friendly meal. It won’t be as beautifully colorful then, but it will be equally delicious.
Please note: I’ve adapted the recipe from one of the marvelously talented Tieghan’s recipes: sheet pan chicken . Her recipes are usually not vegan, but they are very easy to veganize as was the case with this meal.
ps If you are making this for your family and you have small children (1-2 years old), you can leave a corner of the sheet pan food without marinade. This way the meal will be suitable for everyone 🙂
More comfort food recipes from Myberryforest:
Sheet pan tofu with potatoes
- 12 oz / ~350 g smoked tofu (or any other flavored tofu of choice) I used smoked tofu and herb flavored oat block, which is a new oat-based protein from Finland.
- 26 oz / ~750 g potatoes I used equal amounts of sweet potatoes, purple sweet potatoes and pink potates
- 1-2 organic lemons
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp tamari sauce
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup unsweetened thick plant-based yogurt I use coconut yogurt and oat fraiche.
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh herbs of choice such as parsley, cilantro or basil
- Preheat oven to 390 F / 200 C.
- Cut the tofu in half and dry the pieces inside a kitchen towel.
- Cut the tofu into bite sized cubes.
- Cut potatoes into bite sized cubes.
- Mix the marinade ingredients: chop garlic into small pieces.
- Add olive oil, chopped garlic, lemon juice and all spices in a bowl. Whisk well, taste and add more sweetener / salt to taste.
- In a sheet pan, coat tofu and potato cubes in the marinade until all pieces are fully coated.
- Slice a lemon and place slices on top of tofu and potatoes.
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, toss tofu and potatoes around so that they will be evenly roasted. Roast for another 20 - 25 minutes.
- Whisk yogurt sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- Serve sheet pan meal with the sauce and fresh herbs.