Hi! I’m back with a crazy cool recipe: Strawberry cauliflower nice cream! Sounds a bit crazy, right? But I swear it doesn’t taste crazy at all, just delicious and creamy. After making cauliflower smoothies all through spring (and now continuing in the summer), I thought this lovely nutritious veggie would be amazing in nice cream as well. And I was totally right!
This nice cream is dreamy CREAMY, fluffy and yummy. It’s everything I could hope for in a nice cream made with wholefood ingredients. I combined frozen cauli & frozen banana with some of my favorite summer fruits: strawberries and donut peaches to get lovely summer flavors. The fruits were so sweet I didn’t need extra sweetener, but you can certainly add more sweetness if you like.
Here’s the simple recipe if you want to try this surprisingly amazing summer nice cream recipe 🙂 Enjoy!
Love from the forest,
- 1 cup frozen cauliflower florets
- 1 cup strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 (donut) peaches
- ⅓ cup full fat coconut cream
- ½ tbsp lemon juice
- Toppings: strawberries + tiny basil or other fresh herb of choice
- Take frozen bananas out of the freezer about 5 minutes before blending.
- Blend everything together in a high-speed blender until totally smooth.
- Taste and add sweetener if you like.
- You can enjoy this delight right away or let it set in the freezer for at least 30 minutes to get a scoopable nice cream.