Paid collaboration with Virtasalmen Viljatuote. This delicious summery strawberry sheet cake is gluten-free and vegan. It’s easy to make in one bowl and takes less than 30 minutes!
Gluten-free sheet cake
Viljatuote gluten-free flours are my go to flours when baking gluten-free. Viljatuote flour mixes contain a variety of non gmo flours and also psyllium for better baking results. They have a flour mix for every baking occasion: for cakes, cookies, pancakes, buns, bread.
I use Viljatuote all-purpose flour mix the most but I also love the flour mix I used in this cake: Viljatuote gluten-free oat flour mix. It gives a lovely oat flavor to the cake, which is amazing with fresh strawberries. I also added Viljatuote rice flour for a lighter consistency.
If you live in Europe, you can buy these high-quality gluten-free flours from Viljatuote online store.
This cake is super easy to make vegan. No need for eggs, you can use plant-based yogurt instead to give that moist cake crumb. I also add chopped fresh strawberries to the cake to make it extra scrumptious.
I bake the cake in a large baking sheet covered with parchment paper. The cake isn’t quite the size of the whole baking sheet, but if you want to make a larger (whole oven baking sheet size) cake, the cake is going to be thinner and requires less baking time. I recommend checking the cake after 10-15 minutes.
This cute summer cake is like a strawberry and cream sheet cake. You can also bake two cakes to make a two layer cake with strawberry cream in the middle and top 🙂
If you’re searching for more delicious gluten-free vegan recipes, this delicious cherry tart with tahini caramel is a favorite!
Strawberry sheet cake recipe:
Strawberry sheet cake
- 200 grams / 7 oz strawberries
- 200 grams / ~3 dl Viljatuote gluten-free oat flour mix
- 65 grams / ~1 dl Viljatuote light rice flour
- 180 grams / ~2 dl sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar or 1/2 tsp vanilla bean powder Optional
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 200 ml plant-based milk
- 100 ml plant-based yogurt
- 100 ml neutral oil
To decorate the cake
- 100 grams strawberries
- 200 ml plant-based whipped cream (this measurement is taken before whipping) If you're using whipped cream which is already whipped, you need about 4 cups of it.
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 200 grams straberries
- Preheat oven to 200 C / 392 F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Chop strawberries.
- Mix dry ingredients: flours, sugar, baking powder, salt.
- Combine wet ingredients to dry and fold in chopped strawberries.
- Pour cake batter on the baking sheet and spread until it's a large cake almost the size of the sheet (about 3/4 the size).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick test comes out clean. If the cake is very thin and large check the cake earlier, already after 10-15 minutes.
- Let cake cool.
- Blend strawberries until you have a strawberry puree.
- Mix whipped cream, sugar and strawberry puree to make strawberry cream.
- Spread cream on top of cake and decorate with more strawberries. Enjoy!