Sun dried tomato hummus is a fun way to spice up regular hummus! This sun dried tomato hummus recipe is a very simple one and we eat it simply too, with oven roasted potato wedges. This vegan family meal is super delicious in all its simplicity!
Sun dried tomato hummus with crispy potato wedges
This “hummus” is not the most traditional one, because I’m not using any tahini. Sometimes tahini can be a bit overpowering in flavor. I love tahini, but this time I wanted just the sun dried tomato flavor to shine trough. You can add tahini to the recipe, if you like, though, and it will still be delicious.
Sun dried tomato hummus recipe
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes in oil (use some of the oil too)
- 1/4 cup – 1/3 cup plant-based cooking cream such as an oat-based cooking cream. Use as much or little as you like for the consistency you want.
- ~1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder or 1 garlic clove (or use more if you like, my kids are not big garlic fans)
- ~1/4 tsp salt or to taste, depending on the saltiness of the sun dried tomatoes.
Blend all hummus ingredients until creamy. If you want to add tahini, I would add about 1 tbsp.
Crispy potato wedges recipe
Sundried tomato hummus goes so well with potato wedges! Here’s how I make our potato wedges crispy.
- I use about 800 grams or 28 oz small-medium organic potatoes. You don’t need to peel the potatoes.
- Preheat oven to 225 Celsius or 437 Fahrenheit.
- Slice potato into even sized wedges.
- In a bowl, toss potato wedges together with a generous drizzle (about 1-2 tbsp) olive oil. Add about 0,5 tsp salt and 2 tsp dried thyme and mix until all wedges are coated in oil.
- Place all wedges on a large baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Make sure the potatoes are not on top of each other.
- Roast potatoes in the oven, mid rack for about 15 minutes. Take the baking sheet out of the oven and flip the potato wedges around. Continue baking for another 5-10 minutes or until wedges are golden brown and roasted.
If you want crispy sweet potato fries to go with the hummus, here’s a yummy recipe for you:
ps.You can follow Myberryforest also on Pinterest!