There is one delicious pasta salad you need to try this summer: tabbouleh tofu noodle salad! I was inspired by the traditional tabbouleh salad to create a super fresh comforting meal. Instead of bulgur or couscous I’m using ramen noodles, which add a new level of deliciousness to the salad together with pan fried flavorful crumbled tofu.
If you’re wondering how to cook really delicious tofu, here are my tips:
How to cook unflavored firm tofu
- Cut tofu in 3 pieces and dry the tofu well covered in a kitchen towel. Place a heavy pan on top and let dry for about 15 minutes.
- Crumble tofu into small bite size pieces (or smaller).
- Put crumbled tofu in a dry pan and cook for a few minutes to get rid of all moisture. This way all the spices are absorbed better.
- Add spice mix of choice (see my suggestion in the recipe below).
- Add oil and continue cooking until the tofu is crispy.
- Eat this delicious tofu in a salad or with rice / pasta / potatoes / in a sandwich / just as it is!
This tabbouleh tofu noodle salad comes together in just 15 minutes and would be a delicious salad to serve on any summer picnic or gathering. Or just as a lovely summer lunch 🙂
ps Here are two other epic tofu recipes:
pps Myberryforest blog is on Facebook too!
Tabbouleh tofu noodle salad
- ~10 oz / ~300 g block of unflavored firm tofu
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp mild paprika
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1,5 tsp onion powder
- 0,5 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil (or cooking oil of choice)
- Ramen noodles for four
- ~9 oz / 250 g small tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped cucumbers
- a bunch of fresh mint and parsley Also cilantro works well
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- black pepper
- Prepare tofu according to instructions above.
- Cook ramen noodles.
- Mix noodles, tomatoes, chopped cucumbers, fresh herbs, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper and crumbled tofu.
- Enjoy this salad for lunch or dinner!