I’m calling this the best taco bruschetta for two reasons: 1. it tastes amazing (obviously)! Fresh, zingy, and creamy too thanks to the avocado and cream cheese. 2. it is very simple to make! Just chop, mix and EAT. Takes about 10 minutes!Jump to Recipe
I bought gorgeous organic tomatoes from Munich, and saved these beauties for something special. I was hungry, I had sourdough bread and this bruschetta happened on a whim – that was the special occasion 🙂 Now I’m happy to share the joy of simple plant-based food with you!
So you only need delicious tomatoes and good bread. The spices I think you might have in your pantry already, they are the basic spices in a home made taco spice mix. You can use cream cheese or avocado as a base, or just olive oil and garlic.
You might notice something missing: herbs. I usually put herbs everywhere and fresh cilantro would’ve been my choice. But this time I really wanted the flavor of the tomatoes to shine!
The best taco bruschetta
- 10,5 oz / 300 g juicy, sweet, delicious tomatoes
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tps ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika powder (I use a sweet paprika powder)
- heaped 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp sugar (or any sweetener of choice)
- ~1/4 tsp salt (or to taste)
- black pepper and chili flakes
- 4-6 slices of good bread I had a good sourdough bread
- 1 avocado
- plant-based cream cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil for the bread
- 1 clove garlic for the bread
- Chop tomatoes and mix all ingredients in a bowl. Let chill in the fridge while you prepare the bread.
- Toast your bread and spread olive oil evenly on top.
- Cut garlic clove in half and brush the bread with it until you get a nice garlic flavor.
- Spread avocado and / or cream cheese on top.
- Add tomatoes and ENJOY this flavorful snack!