Collaboration with Kaslink AITO
I’m so happy to share this dreamy recipe: vegan chocolate cake with raspberry cream. This cake is simply perfect for Valentine’s Day, but of course it’s delicious any day! What makes the cake extra yummy is the super fluffy berry cream made with raspberry jam and AITO Oat for Whipping, the new oat based whipped cream.Jump to Recipe
This chocolate cake is based on my Christmas chocolate cake recipe, which is one of my family’s favorites. The secret to a rich chocolate cake is melted dark chocolate and almond butter! These two ingredients are the butter or oil and eggs of the recipe, and together with plant-based milk give the cake moisture and richness.
I make the cake in a brownie pan, and I’m pretty sure this cake would make a great brownie too. You would just need to use more melted chocolate and almond butter, or less flour. Adding too much flour makes the cake too dense.
For this cake I wanted a basic cake like texture so that I could have two moist chocolatey cake layers and this beautiful raspberry cream between.
The cream is very easy to make with AITO Oat for Whipping. It takes only 20 sec to whip up this amazingly fluffy cream with a hand mixer. The cream tastes very delicious on its own, and I also love to flavor it with berries or berry jam. Raspberry jam was the perfect choice for Valentine’s Day!
I kept the decoration minimal, just the pink whipped cream and some shredded chocolate for extra chocolate flavor – never too much chocolate! Nor whipped cream 🙂
Vegan chocolate cake with raspberry cream
- 3,5 oz vegan chocolate (100 g) I use half vegan milk chocolate and half 70% dark chocolate
- 2,5 tbsp almond butter
- 1 cup plant-based milk such as oat milk I use Kaslink AITO oat drink or Barista
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 0,8 cups spelt flour (100 g or 200 ml)
- 0,4 cups almond flour (40 g or 100 ml)
- 0,8 cups coconut sugar (140 g or 200 ml)
- 1,5 tsp baking powder
- 0,5 tsp baking soda
- 0,5 tsp salt
- 1 cup Kaslink AITO Oat for Whipping
- 0,6 cups raspberry jam (1,5 dl) I used a low sugar raspberry jam
- A few pieces of dark chocolate
- Raspberries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 360 F / 180 C.
- Melt chocolate in a water bath (or any method you prefer) and swirl in the almond butter.
- In a bowl whisk together plant-based milk and apple cider vinegar.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all dry ingredients: flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Pour chocolate + almond butter mix and milk + ACV mix to the dry ingredients and mix it well.
- Pour the batter into a brownie pan (or other baking tin you prefer) and bake in the oven for 30 min.
- Whip plant-based cream with a hand mixer or food processor until fluffy.
- Swirl in the raspberry jam with a spoon until beautifully pink.
Decorating the cake
- Cut the cake in two pieces (if using a rectangle shaped brownie pan, you would get about two square pieces of cake.
- Pipe raspberry cream on top of the first cake layer. Shred chocolate on top of the cream.
- Place the second layer of cake on top and pipe raspberry cream on the top layer of the cake. Shred chocolate on top. If you have raspberries, you can decorate the cake with them, too.
- Enjoy this cake on Valentine's Day or any day you feel like eating dreamy chocolate cake.