This treat happened when I was too lazy to bake gingerbread cookies:
vegan gingerbread cookie dough chocolate bites 🙂 Gingerbread cookie dough has always been the best part of baking anyway, so this treat was bound to happen some day. And it’s much faster to make than baked cookies: ready in 15 minutes!
Click here to read this post in Finnish.
I also added a layer of mixed vegan milk + dark chocolate to make the cookie dough even more irresistible. I love to make this with a chocolate silicone mold (because it looks amazing like this and is easy to cut into pieces), but any mold or baking tin works. You can find these molds on Amazon.
I have one of these treats waiting in the fridge for us. We’re having a Christmas movie night with the family, and this is the perfect sweet movie snack.
If you’re looking for a last minute Christmas treat or if you just happen to love gingerbread dough a lot, I’m sure you would love this!
Love from the forest,
Vegan Gingerbread Cookie Dough Chocolate Bites
- 0,6 cups gluten-free oat flour (75 g /~1,5 dl)
- 1/2 tsp gingerbread spice
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp (or more if needed) coconut oil
- 1,7 oz vegan chocolate (50 g) I used half vegan milk chocolate and half dark chocolate
- Mix dry ingredients: flour, spices and salt in a bowl.
- Add almond butter, maple syrup and coconut oil and mix until the cookie dough is firm. If the dough feels too dry, add more coconut oil 1 tsp at a time.
- Press the batter into the bottom of the mold and chill in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Melt chocolate in a bain marie and spread evenly on top of the gingerbread cookie dough.
- Let chill for another 5 minutes or so and then it’s ready to eat!
- You can store this treat in the fridge, if there’s any left 🙂