‘Tis the season..for all gingerbread spiced food ♥ And I am totally okay with that. I hope you are too? I’m here to make your pancake Sunday festive with these vegan gingerbread crumble pancakes! All you need is gingerbread cookies and pancake batter and you’re set 🙂 Let the festive food season begin!
If you want to read the post in Finnish, click here.
I just searched my blog for Christmas recipes and found two!! How can that be!? I’m a huge Christmas food lover and I could honestly eat gingerbread spiced food all through the year, but somehow it just tastes best during this festive time of year. So the two recipes I found were this giant Xmas cookie (which I’m remaking and reshooting today to share with you later) and these easy-to-make chocolate ice cream bites. I’m going to make much more gingerbread spiced recipes for you this December!
So how to make these delicious pancakes? You just make a pancake batter and then you crumble a few gingerbread cookies into the pancake batter, simple as that! This is my way of making pancakes taste a little more festive, a little yummier. The basic pancake batter recipe (without cookies) is from my vegan sweet treats book (only in Finnish at the moment, sorry!), and this is basically the only one I use these days, because I just love the simplicity of the recipe (Blend, cook, enjoy) and of course the flavor.
If you try these or any of my recipes, would really love to see them! If you’re posting them on Instagram or your Instagram Stories, please tag me @myberryforest & use the hashtag #myberryforestrecipes so I can see your lovely creations and share them on my IG Stories ♥
Much LOVE, hugs and gingerbread spiced dreams from the forest!
ps. If you want a GREEN version of these pancakes (without cookies 🙂 ), just click here.
And if you’re looking for more gingerbread flavored food (ready in 15 min!), this stovetop gingerbread granola is the perfect recipe for you!
- 0,6 cups or ~2,8 oz (1,5 dl / ~80 g) cashews
- 1 ripe banana (about 3,5 oz)
- 0,4 cups (100 ml /~50 g) spelt flour OR 0,4 cups (100 ml /~40 g rolled oats
- 0,6 cups (150 ml) boiling hot water (makes the blending easier)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp gingerbread spice mix
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2-3 vegan gingerbread cookies
- ~1 tbsp coconut oil (or oil of choice) for cooking the pancakes
- Serving suggestion: with plant-based whipped cream
- Blend all ingredients except gingerbread cookies in a blender.
- Add more water if the batter is too thick (it's supposed to be quite thick)
- Add crumbled gingerbread cookies in the batter and mix with a spoon.
- Cook the pancakes in a pan with a little bit of oil, about 2 min per side. Use about 1 - 1,5 tbsp of batter per pancake.
- Enjoy the pancakes with plant-based whipped cream and more gingerbread cookies 🙂
The drink in the photo is my gingerbread latte: just mix ½ coffee and ½ plant-based milk (I use Barista oat drink Kaslink AITO). Swirl in about ¼ tsp of gingerbread spice. Top with cream and sprinkle more spice on top!