Vegan herb butter and roasted broccolini is my latest food obsession. Or actually broccolini and fioretto, the cute flowering cauliflower. I love to roast these delicate vegetables in the oven and eat them with herby butter. A delicious, wholesome and very green summer food ♥ Jos haluat lukea postauksen suomeksi, klikkaa tästä.
My version of herb butter contains unrefined oils and good fat: cold pressed Extra virgin coconut oil and olive oil and also avocado, which gives it a beautiful creamy consistency. These three ingredients combined + herbs and spices make a flavorful creamy herby spread, which I like to call butter. I keep this butter in the freezer and take out a bite or two when I need.
♥ On top of roasted veggies (any veggies work but I absolutely love broccolini and fioretto 🙂 )
♥ For a summer BBQ
♥ On toast
♥ As “pesto” in pasta
♥ With cooked potatoes or mashed into a herby potato mash
♥ To make a sauce: just add plant-based milk or cream of choice and blend until smooth
Because I love cilantro, that’s what I used for the herby green flavor, but you can use any fresh herb you like – basil, parsley, thyme, or a mix of herbs.
Happy summer cooking!
- Vegan herb butter
- 1 avocado
- ~1/4 cups cold pressed Extra virgin olive oil
- ~1/4 cups melted cold pressed coconut oil
- ⅓ cups or as much as you like cilantro or other herbs
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp Himalayan salt
- Roasted broccolini and fioretto
- 2 heads of broccolini
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- pinch of salt & pepper
- Prepare the vegan herb butter first if you want it to be solid. Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender or food processor until smooth. Pour into a form of choice and put in the freezer for an hour or more.
- Preheat oven to 400 F / 200 C.
- Rinse and drain broccolini and fioretto. Cut them into smaller pieces if they are in a bunch.
- Spread florets on a baking tray or baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Drizzle with olive oil, add pinch of salt & pepper and toss until evenly coated.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until slightly crispy on the edges.
- Enjoy these delicious roasted vegetables with vegan herb butter.