When I was younger, cheesy bread rolls were my favorite evening snack next to Karelian pie. I learned to bake the rolls myself when I was about 12 and I think I baked them at least twice a month. Never got tired of them because they were just sooo good. I miss these rolls! And now I’ve created a new version of them: vegan no-knead cheesy turmeric bread rolls. Despite the long name, these are easy to make – ready in 20 minutes 🙂
Click here to read this post in Finnish.
In November my carb cravings are insane, and it’s mostly savory carb cravings like oatmeal, pasta and bread – comfort food. It’s good to have simple healhty(ish) recipes for these types of cravings. Homemade bread not only satisfies these cravings, it also brings total hygge vibes into the house: warmth of the oven, lovely smell of freshly baked bread, cozy moments with tea… ♥
Love from the forest,
- 1,7 cups / 4 dl (or 7,7 oz / 220 g ) wheat flour
- 0,6 cups / 1,5 dl (or 2 oz / 60 g) rolled oats
- ¼ cups nutritional yeast
- 4 tbsp shredded vegan cheese
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1,5 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- pinch of ground black pepper
- 1,2 cups / 3 dl oat milk (I use Kaslink AITO)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Rolled oats on top
- Preheat oven to 390 F / 200 C.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Add oat milk and then the oil and continue mixing until you have a solid yellow dough.
- Roll the dough into 8-10 balls. If the dough is too sticky, water your hands so it's easier to roll.
- Sprinkle rolled oats on top of the rolls and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Let chill for a bit and enjoy with vegan butter, or as a burger bun 🙂