Collaboration with Kaslink AITO.
A classic combo in cake form: vegan peanut butter and jelly vanilla cream cake ♥ I used Kaslink AITO Oat for whipping and Oat vanilla sauce to make the amazingly fluffy cream. The whole cake is like a gigantic yummy pb & jelly toast with cream. So basically cake heaven.
I’m over the moon about these convenient dairy-free oat products making my baking and cooking easier. Kaslink AITO Oat for whipping is quick to whip with a hand mixer, and it works beautifully in cakes. Just look at this fluff! Kaslink AITO Vanilla sauce (at the moment only available only in Finland) is very delicious too, and I love to pair these two together to make a fluffy thick vanilla cream.
I had my first pb & jelly toast when I was on a class trip in the UK in fifth grade. The bread was white, fluffy and probably not nutritious in any way, but it was super delicious and I fell in love with the first bite. I have pb & jelly combo regularly not just on toast, but as overnight oats or no bake treats.
Vegan peanut butter and jelly vanilla cream cake
- 1 cup Kaslink AITO oat drink
- 2 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup (120 g) flour (regular wheat flour)
- 2/3 cup (60 g) almond flour
- 1/2 cup (110 g) sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar or 1/2 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1,5 tsp baking powder
- 0,5 tsp baking soda
- 0,5 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup melted (liquid) coconut oil You can use a neutral coconut oil if you don't like the flavor of Extra virgin coconut oil
For the cake
- 1/2 cup Kaslink AITO Oat for whipping
- 1/3 cup Kaslink AITO vanilla sauce
- 1/2 cup peanut butter Note: crunchy peanut butter works best (to have more texture, but smooth is fine too)
- 1/4 cup Kaslink AITO oat drink
- 1/3 cup raspberry jam
- 1 cup raspberries
- Preheat oven to 356 F / 180 C. Line a baking pan (about 11 inches x 7 inches / 28 x 18 cm) with parchment paper.
- Mix the oat drink and apple cider vinegar and set aside for a few minutes.
- Mix dry ingredients: flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla and salt.
- Pour in the oat drink-acv mix and melted oil and combine thoroughly.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake for 25-30 min or until toothpick test comes out clean.
- Let cake cool completely before cutting it and filling it. Preferably let the cake cool outside (or in the fridge) for about 30 min so that it becomes more firm.
- Whip cream and add vanilla sauce, whip some more until fully combined and fluffy.
- Mix peanut butter with oat drink to make a smooth spreadable peanut butter.
- Cut the cake in half and spread the pb on top of the first layer.
- Spread raspberry jam on top of the pb.
- Add a big dollop of whipped vanilla cream in the middle and put the second cake layer on top.
- Decorate the second layer with the rest of the whipped vanilla cream and raspberries. ENJOY this yummy treat!