Sunday ♥ berry pancakes. Pancakes are a rare breakfast sight here, because we are all so hungry in the morning, and want something fast – usually fruit and toast on Sundays. So I make these delicious vegan raspberry blueberry yogurt pancakes for Sunday brunch and my children couldn’t be happier. They are like me – loving breakfast food all day long!
I made this recipe already a year ago and it’s so simple and delicious. When I started eating plant-based about 5 years ago, I also started experimenting with pancake recipes. Before that I had always used eggs, and was pretty surprised to notice you really don’t need them to make fluffy pancakes.
Berries are the main flavor though, and not just any berries. Did you know raspberries and blueberries is a common jam combination in Sweden and Finland? The jam is called queen jam (drottningsylt in Swedish and kuningatarhillo in Finnish), and it is a winner flavor combo.
Happy pancake Sunday ♥
Vegan raspberry blueberry yogurt pancakes
- 3/4 cup flour (spelt or all-purpose flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- optional: 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cups soy yogurt
- 1/3 cups plant-based milk
- 1/4 cups maple syrup (or other liquid sweetener)
- 1/3 cups raspberries
- 1/3 cups blueberries
- 1 tbsp oil for cooking I used coconut oil
- For serving: cream, berries, maple syrup
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl. Add yogurt, milk, syrup and berries and mix until fully combined.
- Heat pan on medium heat, add oil and about 1 tbsp of batter per pancake.
- Cook until the pancake starts to bubble and is easy to flip, about 2-3 minutes per side. NOTE: these pancakes are very soft so thorough cooking on one side makes them easier to flip.
- Serve pancakes warm with cream, berries and maple syrup.