Sunday ♥ berry pancakes. Pancakes are a rare breakfast sight here, because we are all so hungry in the morning, and want something fast – usually fruit and toast on Sundays. So I make these delicious vegan raspberry blueberry yogurt pancakes for Sunday brunch and my children couldn’t be happier. They are like me – loving breakfast food all day long!
I made this recipe already a year ago and it’s so simple and delicious. When I started eating plant-based about 5 years ago, I also started experimenting with pancake recipes. Before that I had always used eggs, and was pretty surprised to notice you really don’t need them to make fluffy pancakes.
Just flour, plant-based milk, some sweetener is enough. But let me share a little tip: plant-based yogurt is even better! It makes the pancakes softer, and gives a lovely flavor too.
Berries are the main flavor though, and not just any berries. Did you know raspberries and blueberries is a common jam combination in Sweden and Finland? The jam is called queen jam (drottningsylt in Swedish and kuningatarhillo in Finnish), and it is a winner flavor combo.
Hope you’ll like these vegan raspberry blueberry yogurt pancakes as much as we do!
Happy pancake Sunday ♥
ps Have you tried Oreo pancakes yet?
Vegan raspberry blueberry yogurt pancakes
- 3/4 cup flour (spelt or all-purpose flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- optional: 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cups soy yogurt
- 1/3 cups plant-based milk
- 1/4 cups maple syrup (or other liquid sweetener)
- 1/3 cups raspberries
- 1/3 cups blueberries
- 1 tbsp oil for cooking I used coconut oil
- For serving: cream, berries, maple syrup
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl. Add yogurt, milk, syrup and berries and mix until fully combined.
- Heat pan on medium heat, add oil and about 1 tbsp of batter per pancake.
- Cook until the pancake starts to bubble and is easy to flip, about 2-3 minutes per side. NOTE: these pancakes are very soft so thorough cooking on one side makes them easier to flip.
- Serve pancakes warm with cream, berries and maple syrup.
ps You can follow Myberryforest also on Facebook!