The first sign of warm spring at the Berry house: eating lunch outside in the sun. Feels magical after a long and dark winter! I chose the perfect meal to celebrate this occasion: vegan spring pasta with roasted carrots and yogurt sauce.Jump to Recipe
This pasta comes together in 30 minutes. It’s light and minimal. If you want a hearty, more wholesome meal, I recommend adding a good source of protein like tofu, tempeh, chickpeas, beans or lentils.
What makes this spring pasta special:
♦ first roasted carrots of the season with a flavorful lemony seasoning
♦ simple coconut yogurt sauce makes the pasta creamy but not in a heavy way
♦ fresh mint adds freshness and flavor – mint and carrots are a perfect match!
♦ chili flakes, black pepper and vegan parmesan are the final essential elements of the pasta bringing all flavors together
Hope you enjoy this simple vegan spring pasta with roasted carrots and yogurt sauce ♥
Popular pasta recipes from Myberryforest
If you’re looking for more pasta inspiration, I’ve got you covered. Pasta is our favorite food, and I make simple kid-friendly recipes. Here are some popular recipes from the blog:
Creamy pesto pasta with chanterelles: if you don’t like chanterelles, you can just leave them out or add something else instead. Marinated tofu or beans would be amazing with this creamy pesto.
Vegan black bean mole pasta: a rich flavorful sauce with creamy black beans.
Tabbouleh tofu noodle salad: a fresh and easy-to-make noodle salad.
Happy spring vibes from the forest!
Vegan spring pasta with roasted carrots and yogurt sauce
- 10,5 oz / 300 g carrots I used thin small ones. If you have large carrots, just cut them into small thin pieces.
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1,5 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp maple syrup (or other liquid sweetener)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
Coconut yogurt sauce
- 1/2 cup unsweetened natural flavored coconut yogurt I use Happy Coco natural yogurt, which is not sweet at all
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- black pepper
- Pasta for 4
- ~1/2 cup fresh mint
- ~1/4 cup grated vegan parmesan
- black pepper to taste
- dried chili flakes to taste
Preheat oven to 392 F / 200 C.
- Rinse and dry carrots and chop large ones into thin sticks.
- Mix the seasoning ingredients and use about 1/2 of the sauce to coat the carrots. Leave the rest of the seasoning to serve with pasta.
- Roast carrots on a baking sheet for about 15-20 min or until the carrots are softer (but not too soft if you want a bit of crunch).
- Mix coconut yogurt ingredients.
- Cook pasta according to instructions.
- Serve pasta with roasted carrots, yogurt sauce, rest of the seasoning mix, fresh mint, vegan parmesan, black pepper and chili flakes. Enjoy this light spring pasta!
ps You can follow Myberryforest also on Pinterest!