The first sign of warm spring at the Berry house: eating lunch outside in the sun. Feels magical after a long and dark winter! I chose the perfect meal to celebrate this occasion: vegan spring pasta with roasted carrots and yogurt sauce.Jump to Recipe
This pasta comes together in 30 minutes. It’s light and minimal. If you want a hearty, more wholesome meal, I recommend adding a good source of protein like tofu, tempeh, chickpeas, beans or lentils.
♦ roasted carrots with a flavorful lemony seasoning
♦ simple coconut yogurt sauce makes the pasta creamy but not in a heavy way
♦ fresh mint adds freshness and flavor – mint and carrots are a perfect match!
♦ chili flakes, black pepper and vegan parmesan are the final essential elements of the pasta bringing all flavors together
Hope you enjoy this simple recipe ♥
Happy spring vibes from the forest!
Vegan spring pasta with roasted carrots and yogurt sauce
- 10,5 oz / 300 g carrots I used thin small ones. If you have large carrots, just cut them into small thin pieces.
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1,5 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp maple syrup (or other liquid sweetener)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
Coconut yogurt sauce
- 1/2 cup unsweetened natural flavored coconut yogurt I use Happy Coco natural yogurt, which is not sweet at all
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- black pepper
- Pasta for 4
- ~1/2 cup fresh mint
- ~1/4 cup grated vegan parmesan
- black pepper to taste
- dried chili flakes to taste
Preheat oven to 392 F / 200 C.
- Rinse and dry carrots and chop large ones into thin sticks.
- Mix the seasoning ingredients and use about 1/2 of the sauce to coat the carrots. Leave the rest of the seasoning to serve with pasta.
- Roast carrots on a baking sheet for about 15-20 min or until the carrots are softer (but not too soft if you want a bit of crunch).
- Mix coconut yogurt ingredients.
- Cook pasta according to instructions.
- Serve pasta with roasted carrots, yogurt sauce, rest of the seasoning mix, fresh mint, vegan parmesan, black pepper and chili flakes. Enjoy this light spring pasta!