Hi there! I’m happy to be here sharing this cuteness with you – vegan unicorn hot chocolate. Unicorn hot chocolate?! What a magical name for white hot chocolate colored with pink, green and blue cream, marshmallows and sprinkles on top 🙂 I made it all natural with some of my favorite coloring powders.
Vegan Unicorn hot chocolate in the making. Colored with all natural super powders: spirulina, beetroot and blue matcha.
Pastel treats and unicorns
After seeing this creamy pastel overload on Pinterest, I knew I had to create it too. I already had all the ingredients: the coloring powders, vegan marshmallows, vegan sprinkles and the best vegan white chocolate (iChoc). I also have a unicorn (well, it actually belongs to my daughter but I love it too 🙂 )!! So this little treat was just waiting to be whipped up in my kitchen on a grey Monday. I had my little assistant with me. She believes in magic too, just like her mama.
More pastel treats for you
If you love pastel colored treats, I have much more in stock for you:
- White hot chocolate
- 2 cups coconut milk (or other thick milk like home made cashew or almond mylk)
- 0,9 oz / 25 g vegan white chocolate
- Whipped coconut cream
- 1 cup coconut cream (from a chilled coconut milk can)
- a pinch of each coloring powder:
- - beetroot powder (from Lebepur)
- - spirulina (from Organic Burst)
- - blue matcha (from Blue Chai)
- Sweetener of choice to taste
- Vegan marshmallows (from Freedom Confectionery)
- Vegan sprinkles (from Vegekauppa)
- Whipped coconut cream: Chill the coconut milk can in the fridge overnight.
- Scoop the creamy part of the can and whip it into a smooth cream. Add sweetener if you like (the hot chocolate is very sweet so I didn't use any sweetener). Divide the whipped cream into three parts and color each with a different coloring powder. Add a pinch, mix and taste. You don't want your hot chocolate tasting like spirulina or beetroot 🙂
- White hot chocolate: Heat milk in a saucepan and add white chocolate. Let it melt completely.
- Pour the white hot chocolate into two cups and add a pinch of coloring powder (if you wish).
- Scoop whipped coconut cream on top, add sprinkles and marshmallows.
- Enjoy this magical treat with someone who believes in magic too 🙂