No-bake vegan bounty mousse tart
Do you like coconut and chocolate? If you do, I know you will love this creamy chocolate-coconut mousse tart with a lovely coconut-oat crust.
Prep Time20 mins
Freezer time2 hrs
- 0,6 cups shredded coconut (1,5 dl or ~60 g)
- 0,4 cups rolled oats (1 dl or ~40 g)
- 2,8 oz coconut butter (80g)
- 4 tbsp maple syrup (or liquid sweetener of choice)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- pinch salt
- 1 cup coconut cream (the creamy solid part of a coconut milk can)
- 2,5 oz vegan dark chocolate (60 g) I used 70% chocolate
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- pinch salt
- Shredded coconut, dark chocolate, dried (or fresh edible) flowers, frozen raspberries (crumbled)
Crust: blend all ingredients until you have a solid easy to shape batter.
Press batter in a tart pan.
Mousse: melt dark chocolate in a water bath.
Scoop out the creamy part of a coconut milk can. You should get about 1 cup of cream. Sometimes you need two cans to get enough. ps The cream is more solid if you refrigerate the can overnight.
Mix melted chocolate, coconut cream, maple syrup and pinch of salt in a bowl until you have a creamy chocolatey mixture. You can also use a blender.
Pour chocolate cream on top of crust and freeze for about 2 hours.
The tart is ready when the mousse is quite solid and the tart is easy to cut into pieces. Decorate tart with shredded coconut, shaved chocolate, flowers and berries before eating.
You can store the tart in the freezer or in the fridge. When you store it in the freezer take the tart out about 30 min before serving.