Creamy tofu scramble
This creamy tofu scramble is perfect on top of toast as part of a weekend breakfast or brunch. You can also eat this scramble for lunch - it is super satisfying and delicious!
- about 7 oz / 200 g firm tofu block
- a drop of oil for cooking the tofu
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika powder
- 1/3 cups unsweetened plant-based cream for cooking I use an oat-based cream, Oat cuisine from Kaslink AITO
- 2 tsp vegan butter
- black pepper & salt Note: if you want your scramble to taste like the real thing, you can use kala namak black salt
- For serving: toast, fresh herbs such as parsley
Dry the tofu well inside a kitchen towel.
Crumble the tofu into very small pieces.
Warm a drop of oil in a pan. Add tofu and cook for about 2 minutes.
Add turmeric, onion powder, paprika, salt & black pepper and stir well.
Add cream and butter and keep stirring until well combined, soft and fluffy.
Serve warm on top of toast with parsley or other fresh herbs on top.