Strawberry chia pudding tart with granola crust
This delicious creamy tart with a crunchy granola crust is gluten-free, vegan and refined sugar free. Sweetened with dates, banana and of course sweet strawberries - the perfect tart for Mother's Day!
Prep Time20 mins
time in the freezer1 hr
- 1/3 cups (1,7 oz / 50 g) nuts such as macadamias and pistachios
- 1/3 cups (1,7 oz / 50 g) sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cups (1,4 oz / 40 g) buckwheat groats
- 2 tbsp (0,9 oz / 25 g) coconut oil
- 2 tbsp (1 oz / 30 g) almond butter
- 1/4 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2,8 oz / 80 g pitted dates I used about 6 small dates
Chia pudding filling
- 1/2 cups (125 g) coconut yogurt
- 1/3 cups (80 ml) melted coconut butter
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 3,5 oz (100 g) fresh strawberries
- 1 oz (30 g) banana / dates / any sweetener you like
- pinch of salt
- For serving and decorating: strawberries, edible flowers, mint
Roast nuts, seeds and buckwheat groats in a dry hot pan for a few minutes stirring frequently so that they don't burn. Remove to a plate to chill for a while.
Blend roasted nuts, seeds and buckwheat groats with all other crust ingredients until you have a firm batter which is easy to shape.
Press batter into the bottom of a spring form pan lined with parchment paper.
Blend all filling ingredients and pour on top of the crust. Let chill in the fridge for about 5 hours or in the freezer for about 1 hour (depending on how soft / creamy you like the tart filling).
Decorate cake with fresh strawberries. Enjoy!