Raw buckwheat strawberry porridge with rhubarb compote
This delicious breakfast, snack or healthy treat is a wholesome and filling combination of buckwheat, cashews and strawberries. With rhubarb compote it is perfect summer food! NOTE: Prep time doesn't include soaking time of buckwheat and nuts.
Raw buckwheat strawberry porrigde
- 1/3 cup raw buckwheat groats If you are not a fan of buckwheat, use 1/4 cup buckwheat and 1/3 cup cashews
- heaped 1/4 cup cashews
- 1 cup strawberries Either fresh or frozen
- 1-2 pitted dates
- 1/4 tsp vanilla bean powder
- pinch of salt
- NOTE: Add a little plant-based milk to the blender too, to get the ingredients blended properly! Just don't add too much, unless you want a smoothie :)
- 1 cup chopped rhubarb
- 3-5 strawberries
- 1/4-1/3 cup water
- secret ingredient: 1 tbsp coconut butter
- optional: ~1 tbsp coconut sugar for sweetness
Soak buckwheat and cashews overnight in a bowl filled with water. Drain and rinse well before blending.
Blend all porridge ingredients and add more sweetness if you like.
Cook rhubarb and strawberries with water in medium heat for about 5-10 min or until rhubarb is soft. Stir in coconut butter and sweetener if you like.
Serve porridge cold with warm or chilled rhubarb compote. Enjoy this wholesome breakfast!